Monday, August 12, 2013

Sew Positive quilt pattern, now available!

I'm excited to share the first of three new pattern releases that I've got coming over the next month or so, as the summer winds down and fall creeps up on us. Hello Sew Positive!

patternshop---sewpositive

This quilt was originally featured in the spring 2013 issue of Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, in Alison Glass's fabulous Lucky Penny bike path prints. It was a fun quilt to work on, but I knew I wanted to make another, both to run through the pattern again and to show a completely different color story.

Sew Positive - lap

I went with much softer fabrics for this baby size Sew Positive quilt, with a boatload of Free Spirit fabrics from Tula Pink and Joel Dewberry. The background fabric is a great tweed-y textured fabric from Jenn Ski's Mod Century line for Moda. I first fell in love with this fabric at Stash Bash when I spied Marla working on her Happy Pills quilt, and I"m so glad I hunted it down! I like how much softer this version of the quilt is - and I would wager to guess that this pattern would be stunning in low-volume prints as well.

Sew Positive - baby

I also had some great pattern testers work through the pattern, and make gorgeous interpretations of the quilt. They were not only full of great feedback, but great quilts of their own!

Erica from Kitchen Table Quilting used gorgeous Kaffe Fassett shot cottons for the pluses on her mini-sized version, which I just love.

sew positive wall hanging

Kelsey from Everyday Fray has inspired me to try hand quilting again! I love the hand quilting she did around the large pluses, and the tonal fabrics she used in the small plus blocks.

Sew Positive Baby Quilt

Marla from Sew Hungry was really creative with her fabric selection. The lime surprise pluses here and there totally make the quilt, don't they?! I also really like how Marla varied the background she used, I think that gives the quilt more depth.

Marla's Sew Positive

The Sew Positive quilt pattern includes thorough step-by-step instructions and fabric requirements for making a mini, baby, lap, queen, and king size quilt. There's also lots of notes and tips on planning your quilt. Truly, Sew Positive is a simple quilt to make but it can make such a powerful visual impact with the right fabrics!

Sew Positive - Mini


You can pick up Sew Positive, in PDF format, this week on sale for just $6. Next week, it will go up to the regular price of $8. You'll find Sew Positive both in my Pattern Shop as well as on Craftsy. Don't forget to share your finished quilt in my Flickr group, I love seeing all of the different interpretations of my patterns! Have a great Monday :)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats on the new release Elizabeth :) thanks for sharing
    part of the process with us. It was great fun playing with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pattern, Elizabeth! Everybody's variations are so fun. I especially like Marla's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern. And it is fun to see the variations. It really shows what can be done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing the quilt in all the different fabrics! That is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool effect with the different sized plusses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of various possibilities....that's for sure. The quilts look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat