Monday, July 1, 2013

Lucky Stars Block of the Month: The Dulcet Star

July Lucky Star BOM - the Dulcet Star

This sweet little star is our July Lucky Stars Block of the Month block. This month, we're taking it a little bit easy - after two really challenging stars, this one is a little bit more simple and straight-forward in the piecing, so yay for that! I put mine together using nothing but scraps, as I've packed up most of my fabric yardage in preparation for our big move that's coming up, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to unpack all the stars and see them all together again.

And here are some of my favorite takes on last month's star, the Sunlight Star.


1. Lucky Stars June, 2. June "Sea Star" from @dontcallmebetsy #luckystarbom, 3. June Lucky Stars BOM, 4. June Lucky Star Block cropped, 5. June Lucky Stars BOM, 6. Lucky stars-- sunlight star, 7. Lucky Stars BOM - June block, 8. DSC_2725, 9. Lucky Stars June

Have a great day today!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty star and I love your fabric choices as always. I wish I had time to join this one!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to making them all, but I especially love this one. I can see it as the center of a medallion quilt. I'm already making one of those right now, so I have to bide my time a bit, but wow! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have star bee blocks to make, I might be doing a bit of starry browsing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat