Friday, July 12, 2013

And because I don't have enough to do...

I've started toying with the idea of making a new pixelated quilt once we get moved into the new house and I get unpacked. We're decorating the kiddo's room with his new favorite thing, minions from Despicable Me, and I thought it might be really cool to make him a new quilt to go with his new room's theme. Enter the pixelated minion...

Call me crazy, but this might be the first thing I work on when I unpack!

I've been fooling with this little guy the last couple of nights after the kiddo heads off to bed, when I'm too tired to pack another box, and trying to slow my mile-a-minute brain for the day. My minion started out too tall, and kind of odd, so I've shortened him up, changed the straps of his overalls, and I think he's looking awfully cute now. If my fabric wasn't packed up in a zillion bins and boxes, I'd totally be cutting into some fabric right now to start on this, because a simple patchwork project sounds amazingly fun right now. As if I need another work-in-progress! Then again, my local MQG's Sew Day is tomorrow at Inspire, so maybe I'll find some new fabrics for this project and get started anyway. I hope you have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Pleeeaaaaasssse can we do a quilt along? My son loves Despicable Me too and he'd absolutely love one of these quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Elizabeth! I'm thinking of making my kiddo a pixelated transformers quilt for Christmas this year. We'll see how ambitious I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I can't wait to see how this develops. I wish I could say I have a kid that wanted a minion quilt, but it is really just me that wants one LOL! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man this is my 2 and 3 year olds' favorite new thing too! They are OBSESSED with the youtube video of them singing "banana" to the tune of "Barbara Ann." I heard my 2 year old singing on the monitor the other morning, "Bob bob bob." (pause) "Ran."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew who it was supposed to be right away, so I think you've got the design down! Have fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Even my 17 year old son loves the minions too. He sings the "Barbara Ann" song and inserts "potato" into everyday conversation, lol! Sadly, he's a bit too old for a minion quilt but you've nailed the design and your little guy is going to love it, I'm sure. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luke would l o v e! a minions quilt! I should make sure he doesn't see this...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha....I totally love this! I fell hard for the minions --- just saw 2 at the drive-in last week. I stumbled on a 3-episode "shorts" DVD of only Minions and it is fabulous. I think I watched it 5 times in a row while cooking in the kitchen. They're only 10 minutes each, but had me cackling over and over again. Also saw painted Minion pumpkins for Halloween... Never too early to start collecting ideas! {grin}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! That is so cute!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that is the cutest thing!!! Even my grown girls love the minions.... funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Don't show my daughter or she will want one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I Love Love LOVE the minions! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this when I saw your first one on IG. The shorter legs are definitely better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat