Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Good old fashioned stashing

While I haven't found much time to sew lately, I sure have found some time to do some stashing! My mailbox overfloweth ;)

The most exciting thing that's made it to my mailbox is a big box of Violet Craft's new collection, Waterfront Park. I snagged it from Sew Modern, and you can also find it in stock at Pink Castle Fabrics. This is one of the lines I was most excited about after seeing it in Portland, and it definitely does not disappoint. The colors are rich and vibrant, and the basecloth is buttery soft, much like Madrona Road, Violet's previous collection for Michael Miller. I don't have a plan for these beauties just yet, but I am so glad to be giving them a home in my stash!

Waterfront Park by Violet Craft - MUST stash!


After teaching another fun free-motion quilting class at my local quilt shop, Inspire, and I couldn't resist putting together a little stack, destined to become a small shop sample. I really love the summer-y feel of these fabrics together. Now I just need to find a 25th and 26th hour in the day so that I can get some sewing done. I'll keep you posted on that ;)


I am planning on making a wooden ironing board to throw on top of my tall cutting table for pressing, and I found some fun Echino prints to cover it with from Pink Castle Fabrics. Maybe now I'll actually go to the lumber yard for the wood I need!

Echino half-yards for an ironing board cover


I also received some pretty fabrics in the mail from Modern Yardage recently. If you haven't heard of Modern Yardage yet, it's a new company somewhat similar to Spoonflower, in that they print fabric on demand, but their business model is actually quite different. They have a stable of designers creating prints for them, and then the prints are printed on fabric as they are ordered. My prints, for instance, came on one single sheet of fabric, which was kind of neat.

Some new-to-me Modern Yardage prints

I will say this: I haven't used the fabric yet, but upon first impression, the fabric seems a lot more vibrant and colorful than things I've ordered from Spoonflower in the past. I haven't washed them yet, as I haven't put them into a finished piece, so it's possible they may fade, but we'll see. I'm going to work up a really simple baby quilt tutorial using these fabrics, plus maybe a few extras from my stash, just as soon as I finish settling into the new house.

Speaking of the house, I finally finished painting yesterday, phew! I forgot how much I despise painting. I'm so glad that's over, definitely makes the house feel more "ours." Like we put our stamp on it. Now, I need to hang our art and pictures, and finish organizing my sewing room so it can be useable!


I hope you're having a great week so far. Have you been stashing wonderful fabrics lately too? What are you most excited about stashing recently? Happy Wednesday!

9 comments:

  1. Darn it, woman, I'm going to buy some Waterfront Park today. I'm giving you the blame/credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful stashing you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO exciting! Stashing and a new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well collected! I loved Madrona Road, I'm a little afraid to look at Waterfront Park in case it breaks my fabric diet ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Waterfront Park fabrics, those saturated colors are really beautiful. And that bundle for the shop sample is gorgeous! Those Tula Pink prints look wonderful with that Madrona Road one. I hope you stitch up some new things soon to show off

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Waterfront Park fabrics, those saturated colors are really beautiful. And that bundle for the shop sample is gorgeous! Those Tula Pink prints look wonderful with that Madrona Road one. I hope you stitch up some new things soon to show off

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Waterfront Park fabrics, those saturated colors are really beautiful. And that bundle for the shop sample is gorgeous! Those Tula Pink prints look wonderful with that Madrona Road one. I hope you stitch up some new things soon to show off

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats beautiful, never heard of the shop.. I put it on my wishlist.. And pinned it, you know you are a fabricaholic if you are pinning in order to buy.. LOL
    I still havent figured out June's BOM lucky stars.. I might have to get some help this weekend.. Congrats on the book, its on my wishlist too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those fabric are too fabulous too look at! LOL!!!
    Drool...
    Good luck and lots of fun in your new sewing room.
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat