Friday, June 28, 2013

Goodbye to you, Google Reader

Goodbye Google Reader


Well, it seems there's no going back now: Google Reader will be finito as of Monday, July 1st. I had hoped that Google would see the outpouring of disappointment and rescue it from the abyss, but no such luck. So, if you use Google Reader to read my blog and loads of others, I don't want you to wake up on Monday with nothing to read! Here's some alternative ways to read my blog...

Bloglovin
Feedly
Blog by email
RSS feed for the RSS Reader of your choice
Facebook
Twitter

Personally, I keep going back and forth between Feedly and Bloglovin', both seem to be good alternatives that are fairly easy to use.

Are you still on the fence about how you want to read blogs starting next week? This LifeHacker article gives you lots of different options as well as the pros and cons of each. Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I follow you using an RSS feed that goes to my email. I like it as it's so easy to follow when I check my email rather than having to remember to visit another site. I set up other blogs to follow that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already following you on Bloglovin'. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so disappointed with Google.
    I'll be following you via email ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went with Bloglovin' but it's taken some time to adjust. Glad they didn't just pull the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just use my humble Blogger dashboard... Right up until the day they remove that I suppose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat