Monday, July 8, 2013

Introducing the Ferris Wheel Quilt!

If you're a subscriber to Quilty, you're going to really enjoy the newest issue, featuring my new quilt, Ferris Wheel. The quilt features Bonnie & Camille's Happy-Go-Lucky collection in extra large, fun blocks, perfect for a picnic quilt.  I foundation paper-pieced my blocks, although the magazine pattern uses template piecing. It's a really fun quilt to put together, and the extra-large size of the blocks makes the blocks come together a bit more quickly.

My Ferris Wheel quilt - detail


I love the summery feel of these fabrics, and the collection is so aptly named - you really can't work with these fabrics without feeling a bit cheery!

Quilty - July/August issue

If you live in an area where the Original Sewing & Quilting Expo visits, you can actually see this quilt in person, as it's travelling with that show as a part of an exhibit of quilts from the pages of Quilty. I'm looking forward to putting this quilt on the guest bed when it finally comes home some time next summer!

Quilty July/August issue - my Ferris Wheel quilt on page 14


Quilt Stats:
Pattern: Ferris Wheel by yours truly, in the July/August issue of Quilty
Size: 72" x 90"
Fabrics: Happy Go Lucky by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics
Quilting: All-over meandering stipple in white 50 wt Aurifil thread
Binding: Penny in Orange by Bonnie & Camille for Moda

My Ferris Wheel quilt

You can find Happy-Go-Lucky in stock at
Intrepid Thread
Stash Fabrics

Have a great Monday!

31 comments:

  1. Oh, it's GORGEOUS! Congrats for having it published in Quilty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an amazing quilt. Now THIS is a quilt-along I would definitely do.. (hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Elizabeth. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the current issue of Quilty over the weekend and I was admiring this quilt! Of course, I was looking at the templates and thinking about the fact that I wasn't sure I'd want to have to trace all of those and cut them.

    I love how it looks like it has curves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful,congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!
    I love how different the blocks look with different color placement. Great movement and variety! Beautiful!
    (Silly them for doing templates! What were they thinking?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, Elizabeth! One to add my long list where is already many of your quilts! Fun how it looks like there is curved seams, but I guess not. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one, Elizabeth! I'll try to visit it when it comes to town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's SO gorgeous Elizabeth!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how this one turn out Elisabeth! Its very stunning! Also congrats on getting in Quilty and the Expo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous!!!!! Love the colors in it. Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great block design! Those fabrics are so cute and cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so very clever! I adore this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, this one really is a beauty!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow ~ love Ferris Wheel ~ it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun block, and your quilt is lovely. It is lovely to see your quilts in magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got it! Love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, it's gorgeous! Any chance you'll publish the paper pieced pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it would be a great idea to publish this pattern as a paper piecing pattern. Seriously, who wants to use templates? I was disappointed that Quilty chose to do so... Elizabeth, if you choose not to publish this as a PPP, would you let us know how we could draft up our own to PP?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I have this on my list to make! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning! I love it in Happy Go Lucky too! I am now on the hunt for the magazine. Don't think I've seen it in my neighborhood. I agree with Jessica, I would so do this QAL. ; ) Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with others who are asking for Paper Piece pattern. I'd be glad to purchase it in that format.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty pattern! I'm chiming in with my vote for a paper pieced version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wonderful and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the quilt! I saw it in Quilty! I saw the weird triangle piece and I can't figure out how to get those cut out perfectly. Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat