Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Quilt Market 2013: Fabric sneak peeks!

Though I'm happy to be home, Portland was really wonderful. From the awesome people to the great food and gorgeous scenery, it was a great trip, not to mention all that fabric! And thankfully, I brought my camera, so I can share it all with you guys :)

Today, I'm going to share the great booths and fabrics that I saw at Market, starting with....

Violet Craft's Waterford Park

Violet Craft's booth! Violet was sharing her upcoming Waterfront Park collection for Michael Miller, which should be arriving in stores this summer. Violet has such a bubbly, infectious personality, it was fun getting to visit with her. I especially adored the bridges quilt behind her, it's really stunning in person.

Waterford Park

Also in the Michael Miller booth, I spotted a great upcoming line from Emily Herrick. I especially loved the movie theater seats that Emily recovered in her new line, Technicolor. I adore the colors in this line, it's so bright and cheerful.

Emily Herrick's Technicolor

Emily Herrick's Technicolor - circle pack


I was also really excited to see Mo Bedell's booth. Mo is such a sweetheart! She featured her newest line, Full Moon Lagoon, in her booth as well as her next line, Hothouse Flowers, shown in swatches to the right of the seahorse quilt. Mo won a ribbon for her beautiful booth, for best new exhibitor. So exciting for her!

Mo Bedell's award winning booth

Mo Bedell in her booth


Another line I was pumped to see was Denyse Schmidt's upcoming Florence line, which should be in stores at the end of the summer. No surprise here, but it's gorgeous and brimming with all of the things we love about Denyse's past collections: beautiful, rich colors, small prints that are so easy to use, gorgeous stripes, and a fantastic vintage feel. I will definitely be getting lots of this collection!

Denyse Schmidt on Florence

Denyse Schmidt - Florence fq pack

The Kokka booth was also outstanding, full of Melody Miller, Echino, and Ellen Luckett Baker fabulousness. Melody's next line even has a small cameo of the viewfinders from her first line that have been so beloved and impossible to get. Melody also wore a fabulous dress made of the arrow print while she was at Market, but I didn't manage to get a good picture.

Melody Miller's new line


Echino!

Ellen Luckett Baker's Folk Modern


I also enjoyed seeing Jeni Baker's new line, Nordika. While the colors aren't colors I would normally attribute to her, as soon as you see the fabrics, the collection is totally Jeni. I loved the embroidery hoops hanging in her booth and the mix of both fun garments and quilts showcasing the new line.

Jeni Baker's Nordika

The Cloud 9 booth was so cheerful. It's entirely possible that it's mostly due to a big dose of Pigeon. Oh yes, Mo Willems's famous Pigeon from his books has made it to fabric! I know my son would love to have a pigeon quilt on his bed.

Cloud 9 quilts

Cloud 9 Booth

The other fantastic thing I saw in the Cloud 9 booth was Rashida Coleman-Hale's upcoming line Koi. Rashida's booth featured booth Koi and her current line, Tsuru, but Koi definitely was the showstopper of the booth. With a similar color palette to her super-popular Washi line, but fresh, new prints. Rashida's sunny personality really comes through in this line, which will be available in both quilting cottons and voile.

Rashida Coleman-Hale's Koi and Tsuru

Koi sneak peek


And those are the fabric collections that I saw that really inspired and struck me. I'll write some more about the fabric shops I got to visit in Portland next in another couple of days, and I've also got lots of photos to share from an amazing trunk show by Jacquie Gering, too. First up on the lengthy To Do list I've returned to: laundry! Wish me luck! Have a great day :)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some of the fabulous fabrics you saw, it is always inspiring to see the new lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! All I can think is $$$! I want to buy them all! Especially Koi. And Waterfront Park. And the Pigeons, obviously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed Portland! I love Pine Needle Quilt Shop and Speckled Hen Quilt shop...I frequent both often! Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been anxiously waiting to see some posts about market! THANKS!

    And those pigeons crack me up. My son loves the pigeon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Elizabeth for taking us to the quilt market! I can only try to imagine how amazing it can be in a quilt market! Please show more! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing great photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of fun things ~ looking forward to seeing all the new lines coming out.
    I was lucky enough to hear Jacquie speak at the PMQG (in Portland) ~ she's funny and ever so creative! I didn't get to go to Market however. Ah well, I'd have been totally overwhelmed I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure looks like you saw some amazing booths full of gorgeous fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh - it's almost like I was there! Thanks for taking so many great pictures :-) I think the best part of any trip is coming home - except for the laundry. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how everyone sees different things so you get a really well rounded tour! Thanks for your view :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any chance anyone has any pictures of laura gunn's fabrics from Michael Miller's booth?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for those fabulous pictures!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recap - and I'm with you on all those lines! Beautiful, inspiring stuff. It was SO great to see you again and to get to hang out with you. One of the highlights for me. Thank you! I can't wait to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat