Friday, May 10, 2013

Hope Valley Progress!

Thank you all so much for all of your well wishes on my book news. I'm still pinching myself over the whole thing! I'm so touched by the things you guys have said to me, I really appreciate all the support. As soon as it's listed for pre-order, I will be sure to let you guys all know! In the meantime, I've got some good news to share on my Hope Valley improv quilt today: I finished the quilt top. Yay! It's officially big enough to fit on my queen-sized bed, and because of that, it's nearly impossible to photograph. But, I love it so far. :) You can read a little more about my work on this quilt right here.

Hope Valley Improv - sneak peek #2

The bad news? Now I have to baste the darned thing! Yikes. My weekend clearly is going to include a heck of a lot of quality time with my 505. And I need to shop for some Aurifil thread to match the yarn-dyed Essex to quilt it with - thankfully my MQG meeting is tomorrow at Inspire Quilting & Sewing, where they stock boatloads of Aurifil! Hope you have a great weekend!

Hope Valley improv - sneak peek #1

7 comments:

  1. I can't recall if I congratulated you on the book but that is super exciting! I love the quilt on the cover. The HV quilt is looking purdy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided to make my Scrappy Swoon into a king size quilt so I completely understand how you feel. I'm so scared of the basting that I may actually do a duvet cover instead :). Good luck with yours, I'm sure it's going to be wonderful. And I didn't say anything yesterday because so many others had already commented, but congrats on the book. I look forward to getting my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I basted a queen size quilt I had to take it out on our patio as I couldn't find empty floor space that big in our house- It took me 2+hrs and 4 packs of safety pins- but I got the job done- only to realize it wouldn't fit through the throat of my machine and I had to hack it up and use Leah Days method of rejoining the pieces in order to quilt it- I got it done but man it was a lot of work! Good luck- hope it goes easier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, quilts to fit your bed are useful, but an absolute nightmare to show off! I chickened out on basting my big guy and long armed it :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Good luck with the basting. The last time I did anything big it was a nightmare, so I decided if it's bigger than a twin, someone else gets to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! I did a king sized quilt recently on my poor little home machine. It was an effort, but I'm glad I did it:) your quilt will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the book and the beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat