Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WiP Wednesday #50

Did you notice the calendar yet?  It's November already - how did that happen???  Where has this year gone already?  That being said, naturally, it's also Wednesday today and I've yet to write this week at all - so sorry about that, though I have appreciate all of your fabulous comments on my new quilt pattern, Fabricland.   I've been sewing like gangbusters, but not feeling like I'm making a boatload of progress, so I've been a bit quiet, but I'm about to turn a corner here so I should be more chatty real soon :)

Finished:
Fabricland pattern

Fabricland quilt - finished!


Still going:
X and O baby quilt - I've finished the quilt top, just need to make up the back and the binding, and it'll be done!  I fully intend to write up a little tutorial on how to make this quilt as well, so stay tuned for that.

X and O finished quilt top

Custom queen-sized red and white zig zag quilt - I've been sewing like a madwoman on this one, and I'm three seams away from finishing the quilt top, but alas, didn't have the energy last night to finish it out, so here's a sneak peek in the meantime...please pardon the seriously badly lit photo, though...

Zig zags ahead!

Little Apples baby quilt - Unfortunately, no inspiration yet on this one, I'm still hoping to figure out the perfect quilt for these adorable little fabrics.  I plan to spend some time with my iPod and my sketchpad this week, and I'm hoping inspiration will strike!

Farmer's Wife QAL - I was thisclose to actually doing a Farmer's Wife block yesterday, but I really felt like I could finish up my custom quilt top, so I powered through.  I will definitely be doing at least one Farmer's Wife block this week, though, I'm actually missing them - especially after seeing Michelle's awesome FW quilt!!

To see more awesome works in progress, hop on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else is up to!

27 comments:

  1. Love it all Mrs. Elizabeth! Fabricland is just so cool (still love the story about your dad on that one!) and the X's and O's quilt is very cute. Can't wait to see more of the red and white! I'm working on a red and white myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I love the Fabricland and hoping one day to make it! Baby quilt is going to be wonderful and that custom order - wow it reminds me so much about one fabric from 'Marimekko' (famous Finnish company)! We used to have that fabric at red/white and green/white at home when I was a child.
    Happy sewing! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all, Elizabeth!
    Can't wait to see the tutorial on the x and o baby quilt, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh, that red and white quilt looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work as always. It must be so fun to work with red and white in a zig zag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pattern, fabrics and style. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your pattern looks amazing! Definitely something I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it all Elizabeth! That custom quilt is going to look so striking with the red and white. Still in awe of your pattern, its just beautiful, and the x and o quilt top is darling, perfect hugs and kisses for a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fussy cut elephant on the x & o quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some really fun projects going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know - when did this whole November thing happen? Agh! Time is flying by. Love the quilts, especially the colors in X and O. Great fabric choices. Can't wait to see the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That red/white zig zag quilt is so awesome! Still loving the X and O too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all great, but I particularly like that X and O quilt. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Productive week even if there weren't any finished - those are pretty big projects!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to your X-O tutorial! I love your version and have been thinking that I want to make one for a baby in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love,love, Fabricland quilt,gorgeous!!You have got beautiful projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I love the Fabricland quilt - your baby one is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your custom quilt is going to be so striking! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done!!! I'm digging the top quilt, your new pattern! Going on the Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love love love the X and O quilt!! And congrats on being featured on Modern Day Quilts!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the x and o's! And anything red and white is beyond cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabric land looks difficult!
    the x and o is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the pattern, it looks awesome Elizabeth! And I love the X and O quilt - what a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat