Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WiP Wednesday #31

Another week, another list - and speaking of lists, it's almost time for my quarterly check-in to see how I'm doing with my lofty quilty goals for the year.  If you want to join in, check back here on June 30th to link up your progress reports now that year is almost halfway over (eek!).

Here's what I've been sewing up this week...

Finished:
Birdie Stitches June Block
String Me Along June block
{Sew} Beautiful block for Cara
do.Good.Stitches blocks


Still working on:
Kaleidoscope QA - I'm getting so excited about this!!  I cannot believe how many of you have joined in, I can't wait to get started.  Next Thursday, 6/23, I'll be posting the cutting instructions along with a template for cutting.  In the meantime, there's lots of writing and doodling and scratching things out and such.  :)

Kaleidoscope QA in progress!


Modern Crosses baby quilt - I plan to baste this one today and start quilting, hopefully.  I'm hoping to wrap this quilt up by the end of the week so I can deliver it this weekend.

Modern Baby Crosses Baby Quilt Top - View #1

Prince Charming quilt - Made some good progress this week on the blocks for this quilt, I just love this fabric collection, it makes me smile.  How can you not smile when this froggy is starting back at you?

Prince Charming Block #1  

Warm/Cool QA - I've cut up a bunch of warms and cools...but I keep wanting to cut more.  I think I've officially decided to make something between the baby and twin size, something like a lap quilt, I think.

DSCN4425

Spiderweb quilt - She's basted and ready to go...if only I could decide how to quilt it and get up the nerve to do it!


String Me Along bee quilt - My turn as queen bee was last month, but I'm still waiting on about half of my blocks to arrive, so I haven't done anything with this just yet.  But...the blocks I have are taking up room in my sewing space, so I'm counting this as a WiP for now.

Still waiting for attention:
Super secret project - Technicolor Squares - I'm finally ready to start cutting, I think...as soon as I can finish off another quilt...or better yet, two...so I should have some sneak peeks to share sooner rather than later :)

Single Girl - Argh.  I really need to call that LQS that said they'd be getting a long-arm in April.  Otherwise, I see some straight-line quilting in my future...

Almost a WiP:
Farmer's Wife QA - Have you seen this quilt-along taking the blogging world by storm?  I have, and I happened upon a copy of the book at the library on Monday.  Still trying to decide if that was just coincidence, or some kind of sign...

WiP Wednesday #31 Recap:
Finished: 4
Last week's total: 12
New this week: 0 (I haven't officially caved in to the Farmer's Wife yet, I'm just on the verge!)
This week's total: 8

What are you working on?  Write it up, and share it over at Freshly Pieced's WiP Wednesday linky!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

34 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get started on the Kaleidoscope QAL :) Still haven't chosen fabrics yet, but it'll come to me I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I love your prince charming block!
    I'm also loving that warm/cool QA. I've got so much stuff going on, but I'm getting more and more tempted to dive into my scrap pile and see what I've got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your prince charming block! can't wait to see more of that. I haven't cut into my charming yet. And I laughed when I read your baby crosses write up. I thought you said you "plan to baste it one day". I was like - wow, that's not really like Elizabeth to put something off like that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gordon Bennett you're a busy beaver! That wee frog is sooooo cute! Adorable! Looking forward to the Kaleidoscope templates. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't a huge fan of the Modern Log Cabin book, but I love your crosses quilt. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just teasing with showing us what may be coming next week. Am really excited about starting the QA

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so busy! There's so much here and its all beautiful! My heart has attached itself to your frog in the Prince Charming quilt. Your modern crosses quilt is really nice - I like that you haven't stuck to rows/columns and have staggared them. Really nice. I can't wait to see where you go with your Warm/Cool fabrics. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my that prince charming block is so darn adorable!!! Can't wait to start the Kaleidoscope QAL. My fabrics are ready and waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the kaleidoscope quilt, although I'm wondering when I'm going to fit it in. I think I'm losing hours in my day. There just doesn't seem to be enough time. I'm always amazed at how much you do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you have so many beautiful projects going! Counting the days to the qa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy bee you are! Love them all, but I have to say I can't wait to see the quilt with the frog! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am looking forward to seeing your progress with the DS prints. i have a stack calling my name, but no plans for it yet. soon....:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so so excited to get started on the kaleidoscope QAL! Do you think the specific kaleidoscope cutting rulers will work for the QAL? I happened upon one while I was at Joann's so I picked it up on sale. I've also been pondering the FWQAL, everyones blocks and fabrics look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I. Love. The. Frog!!! SOOO cute!! And I, too, am totally ready to start the Kaleidoscope QAL!! Yay!! Good luck with all the basting and quilting!! Love that modern crosses! Great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eek! That Kaleidoscope picture makes me even more excited for the QAL! This is going to be fun.

    And I can't get enough of that frog. I adore him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your frog block makes me want to stop everything and go make that quilt! It really is cute.
    I'm so with you on the Farmer's Wife QA. I just found out about it yesterday, but I have no room on my "reality" to-do list for it at this point....I'm so very very very tempted though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work on the blocks!! Favorite is prince charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think visiting you every Wednesday and seeing all your WIP's are the best! So inspiring, and yes the farmer's wife is calling my name too. I'm kinda thinking I may have to join in the Kaleidoscope too! So many projects, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking good! I'm really looking forward to cutting instructions for the quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The frog prince block is perfect, perfect, perfect. What a great use of fabric. I think your list-making has inspired me. I made a list of quilts that need labels, which prompted my post today about THAT work in progress (WORKS in progress?) Have fun with that kaleidoscope!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love that frog! I hadn't seen the Farmer's Wife QAL but I have seen the book and I love the idea behind it. No time right now though! I just realized the 23rd is next week and I haven't even completely picked my Kaleido fabric yet, or posted about it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Because my list was already WAY too long, of course I'm adding your Kaleidoscope and the Warm/Cool to it!And the Farmer's Wife...I'll just turn on the fan and get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All your work is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, SO much pretty stuff here! gotta love that house block!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That frog is sooo adorable! What a sweet block!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That frog is so cute! lovely block altogether... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do love your little Framed Fictional Frog block! And I'm in such a state over your QAL. Think I'm going to have to make just a few blocks even though I really shouldn't take on another one...perhaps a pillow or tote bag? Your warm cool squares look lovely and I know just what you mean about wanting to cut more and more! I've limited myself to the 40 by 40. It's hard sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE the Prince Charming block!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm excited about the QAL! I might actually be able to stay caught up with this one - *IF* I am able to get my Lily's Quilts QAL wallhanging quilted. It's all basted and ready to go so I feel confident. Touch wood!

    Anyway, that was all about ME ME ME! As for YOU - wow, you've been a busy bee this week! Everything's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. how do you keep up with all those QAL, wonderful all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, I can't believe the Kaleidoscope cutting instructions are coming up next week - that was fast! I need to get cracking on my drunkard's path so I'm ready to start cutting this :) Oh also I think I still need to be added to the blogroll? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Okay, that fussy-cut Prince Charming frog is so cute it's insane! It looks like he's peeking through a window. : ) Great pattern choice for that line, BTW. The modern crosses looks great too! (Well, it all does, of course.) Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your blocks are wonderful and I love the modern crosses quilt! I am looking forward to the start of the kaleidoscope QAL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat