Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WiP Wednesday #26

Seriously, it's Wednesday again?  Where does the time go???  I actually bemused the passing of time and where on earth the time went to yesterday, and my 3-year old responded, "It's in the clock, Mommy."  Of course it is, sweetheart.  :)

Finished:
{Sew} Beautiful bee block for Angela


A blue block for Angela



do.Good.Stitches blocks




Birdie Stitches March block

Birdie Stitches - May block

Mending Mr. Dinosaur - He's got feet now, but you'll have to take my word for it, I haven't been able to wrangle him away for a proper foot-featuring-photograph  :)

Megan's secret mini quilt (which she should get today, so stay tuned for a reveal tomorrow)


My first attempt at hand-quilting...



In progress:
Twin baby boy quilts - I've got all of my cutting done and began the piecing process.  I suspect you'll be seeing some quilt tops later this week, the piecing's going by so quickly...


Spiderweb quilt - I only finished two blocks over the last week, but it sure does look more complete on my design wall at the moment.  10 more blocks to go!


3x6 bee blocks - I headed back to the drawing board on these blocks this week.  Just not feeling passionate about what I made last week.  I dug through my sketchbook and this block I drew back in January jumped out at me, so I went ahead and made it.  I fouled up the center piece a little bit (that's why it's so skinny), but that's why I made a block for me first.  Now that I've got the kinks ironed out, I've got just six more blocks to go!  Let me know if you guys are interested in a block tutorial :)



Goody Bag Swap - I've done a lot of Flickr-stalking this week, trying to read my partner better, and I think I need to stop procrastinating and start just sewing.  I think I'm going to stick with the Wasp bag I had intended, and use some gray linen paired with some bright patchwork or do a simple market tote with some patchwork somewhere.  Can you tell how indecisive I'm being on this one?

Totally on hold:
Single Girl - I'm still waiting on the local long-arm machine to ready for rental, though I'm vaguely considering hand-quilting this or straight-line quilting this one...

Super secret project - Working on some more math, nothing too exciting yet.  Stay tuned!

WiP Wednesday #26 Recap
Last week's total: 10
Finished this week: 5
New this week: 0
This week's total: 5

Linking up with Freshly Pieced's WiP Wednesday, hop on over to support your other bloggers' works in progress!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

32 comments:

  1. I so love your 3 year old's answer as to where the time went! That block for Angela is amazing and the colors are so beautiful. I love the little birdie block. I have been printing them off but have not started any of them yet. The spiderweb is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been crazy busy! Everything looks awesome.....especially loving that top block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful WIPs :-) I especially like the Birdie Stitches March block. I started out in embroidery and I'm just about to dip my toe into patchwork and quilting so this block is appealing on two fronts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I love your embroidery! That must have taken a lot of time and patience! (Both of which I don't have haha.) Love your WIPS and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy busy, again!! Really fun bee blocks!
    I especially love your spiderweb quilt, it's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! That spiderweb quilt is going to be huge! I like your mock up forthe 3x6 bee, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spiderweb looks amazing! And I LOVE your 3x6 blocks! So cute!! And I still can't get over those flowers!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything, but especially the 3x6 bee blocks and the embroidery on the birdie stitches block. Your spiderweb quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, my life needs to be like this blog...full of happy, good things going on that are so beautiful and useful!

    Kudos to you for everything. Esp the new dino feet, which, as all mommies know...are super important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow five finishes! So impressive! I love the beginnings of those baby boy quilts! I need to make something like that for my new nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! 5 finished. I'm jealous. I love your Sew Beautiful block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my - what a bunch of great projects! Your {Sew} Beautiful block is something else! Especially like your do.good.stitches blocks, too, tho everything is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It always feels good to get those bee blocks finished, doesn't it?

    Love your new 3x6 block, and a tutorial would be great! I'd use it for my next turn for do. Good Stitches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That spiderweb quilt is crazy amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your spiderweb quilt looks awesome. I admire your patience in piecing such a large project.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw the block for Angela on flickr last night but it was on my iPhone and I couldn't enlarge. Frustrating. So I was happy to see it at the top of your post this morning! And a tutorial on the 3x6 please. (You know how I adore your tutorials!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your projects, each one makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angela's block is incredible! I have NO idea what to do for that yet, I'm still thinking. I like the 3x6 block, too! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, it's all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really, really like the two string projects you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy Moly! That is one wicked cool block! Sew Beautiful is right! LOL Wow. Amazing. I can't even get past it to enjoy your other great items. It blows me away.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That block you made for Angela is so incredible! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your bee block!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blocks for baby boy quilts! and of course all your other amazing works!
    Have a sunny sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Secret mini quilt looks fab, as does everything else! You've been a busy lady. Sounds like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Spiderweb = awesome. And that first block you showed with the blues is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, your sew beautiful block for Angela is wonderful! Does that block have a name? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I love that block for Angela, its very fresh and pretty! And looking forward to seeing those quilt tops, they look great already :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many things on the go! I love the block for Angela (as I've already said) and the Birdie block! So inspiring to a novice like me - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you are on a ROLL! Everything looks great, but I especially like your 3x6 blocks. Are they orange & aqua? It's hard to tell for sure on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my I love it all! I would love to see a tutorial for your 3 x 6 bee block, it looks fabulous! I say it every week, but I LOVE those spiderwebs!! It is going to be just amazing and worth every minute of piecing those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All your projects are so pretty, but that pinwheel block is especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat