Friday, May 20, 2011

Finished: Twin Beep Beep Quilts!


Handmade by Heidi

Tonight, I was planning to hunker down in my sewing room for Friday Night Sew-In, but it turns out we're having some company come in tonight...so I spent a good chunk of my day sewing, and I'm pleased to say I got a darn good bit done.  I even have a finish to show you!

Beep Beep twin quilts - the fronts

The twin Beep Beep quilts are done!!  I spent Wednesday and Thursday quilting both of these quilts, using an all-over meandering stipple.  I had the binding all prepared and ready to roll, so I spent today sewing that on, and then sending them to the magic washer and dryer to add the awesome, wonderful crinklyness that I love about quilts.

The Beep Beep twin quilts - James's quilt front

I'm really excited to get these quilts off in the mail to their rightful owners on Monday!  I think these little boys are going to just love these quilts, I know I loved working on them.

The Beep Beep twin quilts - fronts

Make sure to stop back by on Monday for Giveaway Day, I've got some awesome fabric to give away to one lucky reader!!

Quilt Stats:
Name: Beep Beep Twin Quilts
Pattern: Improvised simple square-in-square
Size: 48" x 56"
Quilting: All-over meandering stipple in slightly off-white thread
Fabrics: Various Michael Miller children's prints, Denyse Schmidt's The Ramble (from Greenfield Hill), Robert Kaufman's Metro Living Circles as well as Circles and Lines, Alexander Henry's Freeway Dot Multi and Beep Beep Multi, and Kona Snow

14 comments:

  1. Wow! You were certainly very productive, weren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a wonderful job...the are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Great work. These quilts are so fun. Do you hand-stitch the binding? That's so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great:) You did such an amazing job!! Lovely colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was planning on doing a sew in too... my sewing machine was not planning on it. stupid thing is not working again and i am about to throw it out the window. what kind of machine do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts, they're so fun! Lucky little boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! The kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun quilt! You got ALOT done!! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh MY! These quilts are just fantastic.... I LoVe the colours in them! Absolutely WeLL DoNe!
    See you next FNSI.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Elizabeth,well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great. Looks like you had a very productive day.

    Cheers, K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat