Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WiP Wednesday #25

While I feel like I've spent all of my sewing time this last week working on spiderwebs, I did manage to make some progress on a few other things, too this last week...

Finished:
Bottled Rainbows quilt

Finished Bottled Rainbows!

My niece's first make-up pouch - It's off in the mail to her, along with a boatload of "trashy" (my mother's word) make-up for her to play dress-up with.

My niece's new make-up pouch

Gen X Quilter's Japanese Imports Swap - I've cut up my 56 charms and they're all ready to go.  Even the selvage on these beauties was adorable :)

Panda Friends

Gen X Japanese Import Swap

Moving right along:
Spiderweb quilt - I've been making lots and lots of spiderweb quarters...at least that's what it felt like until I put them all together and realized I still need to make another 12 still.  Yikes.

18 spiderwebs done...12 to go


3x6 bee blocks - I spent yesterday afternoon working on making a sketch reality, something I keep sketching over and over.  I'm not 100% pleased with the first result, which is based on four sub-units, that I haven't sewn together yet.  I can't decide how I want to lay them out just yet.  Which one do you like?

Option A
Option A

Option B
Option B

Option C
Option C

Super fun mini swap with Megan - I'm done sketching for this little mini swap Megan and I are doing, but now I can't seem to decide which one I want to make, since I made three different sketches, but at least I started to find some fabrics...



Goody bag swap - I cut out pattern pieces this week, but I haven't moved forward because I think my partner isn't a fan of my fabric choice, so I think I might have to go back to the drawing board on this one.  I offered up another option, but I think it might be out of my partner's comfort zone.  Maybe I need to go with a lighter color, maybe a natural linen...

Partner, how do you feel about this fabric for your bag?
Goody Bag main bag fabric option #2

Mending Mr. Dinosaur - I really think he's going to wind up with some shoes or at least some new "soles".  The munchkin is thoroughly annoyed that I haven't tackled this just yet...

On hold:
Single Girl
Super secret project

New:
Birdie Stitches May block - This block will be a great break from spiderweb world this week!  I'm looking forward to this one.

do.Good.Stitches Bliss circle May block - We'll be making these garden fence blocks in green and blue, accented with Kona White.

Commissioned twin quilts - I've got a new set of twin quilts to make, for some adorable little boys who are going to hopefully grow up and love cars.

WiP Wednesday #25 Recap
Last week's total: 9
Finished this week: 3
New this week: 3
This week's total: 9

What are you working on this week?  Go share it over at Freshly Pieced's WiP Wednesday!  And what do you think of my 3x6 block-in-progress?  I'd love to hear what you think, I really appreciate the input you guys share with me :)

42 comments:

  1. I love option C of your 3x6 blocks .. I think it shows off the little go faster stripe in the white really well ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, definitely option 3! It is the one that is the most balanced, to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how busy are you?? I love that little pouch! And you know I love the bottled rainbows too! Your spiderweb is coming on great, a lot of work there! I think my face block is A really but they are all lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a list! How do you keep it up? i'm coming off a big wip list and I feel some stress relief from it.
    Love your makeup pouch and the fact that you included some trashy makeup. That's what cool aunts are for!
    Those ladybugs on the selvage are awesome! And I can't get over your spiderweb - really cool!
    I'm going to be the voice of opposition - I like Option B best! They all work though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bottled rainbows quilt is a stunner. Those Japanese fabric imports are too cute for words. How come they never have fabric like that at Joann? Can't wait to see what you have going next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your spiderweb quilt is just amazing. I'm in awe.
    I'd vote for option A for the 3X6 bee -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *LOVE* your bottled rainbow quilt!! Beautiful!! Your spiderweb quilt is out of this world..wow! Excited to see that finished! :)

    I like option B with your squares... :)

    As for the fabric, I love your choice, but I'm not bright & fun too!! :)

    I'm working on your Bookshelf mini quilt if you want to take a peek at what I've done so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure wish I was your partner in that swap, you are offering the most wonderful fabric!!! I like all your block options, by the way, and I like how your spiderweb is progressing, almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of digging option B! Although I think I have changed my mind about 3 times already! All are awesome options :) And I want to come to your house and steal your spiderwebs!! No no, ok not really, but those are seriously awesome! At least while you are making the last 12 you have something uber pretty on your design wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always amazed by your progress! Very nice. Your Japanese charms are so cute! Thanks for reminding me about that. I just add it to my to-do list.

    I think Option B is my favorite...but they're all cool.

    Aren't you glad you have a niece to send trashy makeup too? How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, your Bottled Rainbow quilt is fantastic! Love your bee blocks too! Such beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the spiderweb quilt and that Japanese fabric is adorable! I like option B for the 3x6 blocks

    ReplyDelete
  13. EVERYTHING looks great this week! I agree, the selvage on that fabric is absolutely adorable. I like Option C the best for your 3x6 bee block, but they're all good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bottled rainbow quilt turned out great. And I love the selvage on the Japanese fabric, how cute. Wish they would get creative here with the selvages like that. Aww get the feet on Mr. Dinosaur for the munchkin. Loving your spider web quilt and you did make a lot of progress with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. bottled rainbows--so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many fantastic projcts on the go! I like option C the best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think my jaw dropped when I saw your spiderweb quilt in progress. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your bottled rainbow! It's SO beautiful!

    I. Want. Ladybug. Selvage. :)

    I think I like option B the best...

    And Spiderweb is fantastic!!

    LOVE the little "trashy" makeup bag!! Turned out really cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why can't all selvages be that cute? Just my two cents-- but I like option B best. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, always so much going on! I like Option A the best for sure! I love how it seems when you complete projects, they get replaced by just as many new ones! I'm the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like both options B and C. I love that bottled rainbow quilt and your spider quilt is just jaw-dropping. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And I was thinking I was BUSY with my dresden plate...hehehehe.... Pls tell me do you ever stop to eat??? :)That's a lot of work!!!! I like both options A and B!!! Happy happy sewing:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll put my vote in for Option C. And I do love your bottled rainbows quilt. I'm waiting for the day when I have enough scraps to tackle that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like all three options because I love the teensy little pieces in there. If I were in your beehive, I wuldn't care WHICH option I received!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bottled rainbows quilt is gorgeous! Love it! Can't wait to see the finished spiderweb quilt. I've got that one on my list of quilts I want to make but I haven't tackled it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your post today really makes me happy. Bright and beautiful, filled with exciting new projects and some you're just finishing. I really enjoy reading your blog!

    Cindy
    fluffysheepquilting.blogspot.com
    fluffysheepquilting@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoa - you've got a lot on the go! I recommend making a repeat mosaic of your block options so you can evaluate how they'll all look together. I'm leaning toward Option B, but a full layout will help....

    LOVE your spiderwebs. Only 12 more to go - you're nearly there!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I continue to be in awe of your spiderweb quilt! It's going to be totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the spiderwebs! I am chugging away at mine slowly. I like option A for your bee blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  30. As usual WOW! How did I miss that Gen x swap!?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like option C!
    Love how your spiderweb is coming along. You're almost there!

    I'm doing a version of your sliced scrappy block for my hive (#12) in the 3x6 bee. I love it! Thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow I wish I could do as much sewing as you do, it's impressive! I like option B best

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love, love, love this bottled rainbow quilt! And I think I like Option A best...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Phew! what a busy, busy time you have had.
    Love the bottled rainbow quilt - I've just started this. Have put all my squares together, now just need to sew them to the batting and then start looking through my scrap stash to start the fun part!
    Option C for the 3x6 blocks

    ReplyDelete
  35. That IS quite a list! Sheesh! I don't think I've spent 2 hours sewing this week!
    I love your Bottled Rainbows quilt, and I love that it's done! SO PRETTY!!! :o)
    And I love your spiderweb quilt, too. I definitely want to make one of those. I did a block for a bee last year and my sewing area was one hot mess, but I really love the result! Maybe once my scrap basket fills up a little more.
    Great work this week, busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I didn't know you were doing the Japanese Swap too. Great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, what fabulous projects! I'm going to need to go back through a few blogs to catch up with what everybody's doing, but it looks like it'll be some fun reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I totally want to try that Bottled Rainbows quilt sometime. So cute! I'm amazed at all your finishes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oooh! Love your 3x6 blocks! I vote for option B. And how cute is that make-up pouch? I'm sure she will treasure that trashy make-up. : )

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! So many projects, so little time!

    Option B would be my choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat