Friday, May 27, 2011

Cue the Hallelujah chorus

Because Act II of my spiderweb quilt journey is finally complete!  Last night, I finished paper piecing the last spiderweb quarter.

Cue the Hallelujah chorus

I don't think there are adjectives strong enough to tell you how happy I am that I have finished this part of the quilt, but here's a few that come to mind....

marvelous...stupendous...unbelievable
emancipated...fabulous...swell
terrific...liberated
I could go on...

I do still have to rip all of the paper off this last stack of blocks, and seam all of them together, but I still feel super good about this.  This quilt came awfully close to becoming a UFO that I put away and forgot about at least a few times.  Whatever possessed me to make a quilt like this with tiny 1" strips???  Please, dear readers, if you see me mention another teeny-tiny string project like this one, please stop me!

With a long holiday weekend, maybe that will mean some extra quality sewing time, we'll see. It's quite possible that if I use some laser focus and avoid my typical quilty-ADD, I might just have a quilt top to show you next week.  All I know for sure is that I see papercuts in my immediate future.

21 comments:

  1. Both stacks look great, the blocks because theyre beautiful, and the scraps because they give a real sense of your acheivement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!!! I am impressed!!! It is going to be over the top when done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! So much work right there, but you know it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I'd be singing with you too! That stack is amazing! Great job...can't wait to see them together. Have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely cause for celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're gorgeous. :D Yeah, projects like this are not for starting and finishing quickly before beginning anything else. They are ones that you break into portions of acceptable progress and put in a bin for breaks while quicker projects get made between portions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love teeny weeny scrap projects! They nearly always drive me a bit insane, but the finished project is invariably worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you kept pushing through. I completely understand the Hallelujah moments. I've had several of my own when finishing projects. It's going to be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to look fabulous when it's done, but I don't envy you the task of matching up all those seams when sewing the blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats! can't wait to see it when its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post...I think we all have these projects, we ask WHY?? did I ever start something like that??

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! Even with all the tiny tiny strips. Great work can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good job! now the fun part of seeing them come together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FYI: We have like fifteen different versions of the Hallelujah Chorus (it's my husband's FAVORITE) so let me know what musical mood you are ready for. Seriously. We have it in nearly every genre....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, strong work! Can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo! I'm doing a happy dance here for you :-) They look just awesome, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It may have felt long and arduous, but you know the final outcome is going to be fabulous! Good for you for pushing through!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!

    Im your follower

    I really like your blog. Nice posts!
    Keep up the good work!

    Do visit my blog too at
    http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. holy moly those are some tiny strips! GOOD for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat