Monday, January 6, 2014

Whole lotta free motion going on!

If only my sewing machine had an odometer...I bet it would show some serious mileage from the last several days of nonstop sewing! Sewing machines really should have odometers, don't you think? It would be awfully fun to know how many miles you'd sewed, right?

Mod Clamshells in a staggered setting
Mod Clamshells in a staggered setting - tutorial right here!

In any case, I've been doing tons of free motioning the last few days. Miles and miles of it, actually. It's been a lot of fun to just stitch and stitch away, with some good tunes and tons of trusty Aurifil! I'd forgotten how relaxing free motioning can be with the right playlist! Do you like to listen to music when you free-motion? Or are you a fan of audiobooks or movies while you stitch?

A little flowery FMQ action

Speaking of free-motioning, I've added a bunch of new dates and times to my Class Schedule page, including more free motion classes, by popular demand. FMQ is such a fun thing for me to teach, I'm really excited to continue offering those classes. I've got quite a bit of classes and trunk shows coming up in 2014, including paper piecing and quilt workshops. It's going to be a ton of fun! Won't you come join me? :) Have a great day today!

Stacked wishbones

12 comments:

  1. Love the little loop on those clam shells! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, definitely, start a campaign for machines to show mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those mod clamshells! Think you should patent that odometer idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was FMQ-ing to football yesterday. I agree about the odometers -- I did three bobbins on one quilt yesterday and still have a lot to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what! I have a new Bernina 710 and it does have an odometer! I have had it since mid August and am just short of 2 million stitches! That includes 3 large quilts (one king sized) that I FMQ which uses a ton! I asked my Bernina tech guy if I'm supposed to bring it in after a set number of stitches and he cracked up! He said it's not like an oil change in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the loops on the clamshells too!
    Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, it would be so cool if all sewing machines came with an odometer! I have been itching to quilt something today but all my projects are still at the piecing stage. I might just have to make a pillow really quick to satisfy the itch!

    I love your stitching! especially the loopy clamshells. Such tiny perfect loops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My new BabyLock Aria has a stitch counter too. It will be fun to see keep track of how many stitches it will take to make each quilt. It's going to be a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're onto something with the odometer idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That odometer idea is genius! Also I love your gorgeous FMQ! I'm so looking forward to getting my new machine and getting better at FMQ. :D If you ever head to CA, I totally want to take one of your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting is looking great! I enjoy listening to audiobooks while I quilt, and I too have been doing lots of FMQ lately - the Riley Blake Challenge, and a quilt for a grandson born yesterday. Like you, I am also teaching FMQ, among other classes, and love doing it. All the best to you in your 2014 teaching and presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to listen to audio books when quilting, sewing or crocheting. beautiful FMQ.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat