Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Close but no cigar

So, the holiday season has come to a close again...and sadly this wasn't the holiday season where I finished my Kawaii holiday cross stitch sampler :( I did make a good bit of progress, though! Check it out...

Almost finished my holiday cross-stitch sampler!


I've got just two squares remaining in the sampler, so I feel pretty sure that I will be able to finish it before next Christmas comes and goes. It was awfully enjoyable to work on it during the holidays, so I might just save working on it for the next holiday season. Maybe I'll start up a new hand sewing project in the meantime to tote around with me on my various outings.

A little quilt along perhaps? Check the blog for details...

Or maybe I'll work on some quilt math... I'm thinking of doing a quilt along later this spring, I've got a fun, simple block that can create several different fun geometric repeats, so stay tuned for more info on this in February! Have a great day :)

5 comments:

  1. love your little sampler, very cute! oh a quilt along... I am addicted to quilt-alongs can't wait till February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..I have just the fabric for a quilt along.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya! I made Halloween placemats two weeks after Halloween this year. I guess they are done very early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw it is adorable.
    Who wants a cigar anyway, right?
    Now you have 12 months to get the last two done :-)
    Happy New Year
    Love, Rosemary Bolton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Och, the good thing about Christmas is that it rolls around at the same time every year, so you know how long you have, not like that sneaky Easter that gets about the calendar ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat