Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Spoiled Rotten

The third round of the Sew Sew Modern swap has just wrapped up, and I couldn't be happier with the beautiful package I received from Ginny of Fishcreek Studio. Oh my goodness, I feel so spoiled!

I love this fabulous paper pieced mini she put together for me, with a beautiful color palette that I adore and a fantastic paper pieced block as the focal point. I really love the low volume fabrics she used for the background, and the pops of navy are just perfection.

Beautiful miniquilt from Ginny

And she knew I'm a geek for office supplies! She made me this gorgeous notebook cover, using some fun black, white and red fabrics, and I'm loving carrying this notebook cover around with me. I'm constantly writing things down - even in this day and age, I love a good notebook because I tend to remember things I write down better than things I type on my phone, so I still do a lot of written list-making and such.

Gorgeous notebook cover from Ginny

She even sent along a beautiful rainbow pack of Sharpies, which I took with my to my first book signing over the weekend, which was great fun. It still feels so wrong to be writing in books - my mom taught me how to treat books properly! - but I managed to do it anyway. It's an awfully strange feeling when someone wants you to write in their book, but a good kind of strange!

Fab Sharpies for signing books from Ginny

Happy Wednesday to you!

17 comments:

  1. My goodness, what lovely goodies! And I am sure you will wear out all those sharpies by signing your books!

    PS. Your new blog picture is beautiful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, love that mini quilt and I feel the same way about remembering stuff more if I write it down than type it in my phone. And yes, you look ah-mazing!!! Girl, you can stop now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one lucky lady!!! The mini quilt is absolutely incredible, and I love the notebook too being very much a notebook person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed your new blog picture - Congratulations ! what you have done isn't easy and such an accomplishment for healthy living !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice package of "Goodies". LOVE your new Blog Picture!! Gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mini quilt is beautiful and I love the notebook! I write also everything in many notebooks and make shopping lists etc. Even I forget the list home, I remember quite well what I wrote because I see the paper in my mind. Lovely new photo with your header's colours! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering who would get that mini. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that mini quilt is divine! Your new note book is rather cute too - how lucky are you, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum always told me never to write in books! I also had a hard time with it when I was at college when it came to writing notes in a book! The mini quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Elizabeth for the shout out! I am so happy you love your gifts - I certainly enjoyed making them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are LOVELY gifts! Lucky you in this swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lovely lady - great new picture! You wait, it's when you get asked to sign shirts or breasts you have to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg what is that pattern?! what a fantastic gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That mini quilt is absolutely amazing! You're a lucky lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be something about the colors or something but I've found that most quilters love office supplies. I'm in heaven with a new box of crayons or those Twistable Crayola colored pencils. New paper, notebooks, graph paper.... Oh I could go on and on. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice. And I too am a written list maker. My sisters call me the List Queen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat