Monday, June 3, 2013

A little something sweet

It's the last week of school here at my house, and that means it's time for a little gift for my munchkin's preschool teachers. I made them some simple drawstring bags, using Happy-Go-Lucky. Such an easy gift to whip up!

Teacher gifts

Then, I decided to fill them up with one of my favorite cookie recipes, peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Seriously, these are the best cookies! Since I'm on my new healthy journey, I didn't have any (wow, that was seriously hard!), but I do know that whenever I make these cookies for people, they eat up every last one and rave about them. They're Brown Eyed Baker's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies, and I highly recommend them. My munchkin also made a nice thank you card to stick inside of each bag, and I printed up a copy of the recipe so the teachers can bake some whenever they'd like.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies for the teachers!

It's bittersweet to be wrapping up the school year already - the munchkin will be graduating from preschool this week, and this fall, he'll start kindergarten. Where did the time go?!?! I get all choked up just thinking about him in a cap and gown this week. I'm going to need to stock up on tissues!

A sweet surprise inside

While this is shaping up to be an exciting week, it sure started with a bang...a bad one. Our fridge went on the fritz last night, so I spent my evening fretting about all the groceries going bad and how much the repair was going to cost, rather than sewing like I had planned. I'm crossing my fingers that my handy husband is able to fix the darned fridge today without much effort or dough, but we'll see. Here's hoping that the week gets better today! Have a good day!

The fridge is bare :(

7 comments:

  1. So cute! The drawstring bags are great teacher gifts. Enjoy graduation! My son is graduating from high school next week. We're looking forward to the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope himself has done the business with the fridge! I rarely bake things, but a friend e-mailed me recently and said 'you've got all these cookies and things pinned how's your diet going? Should I be really worried?' To which I replied that I will have to bake for FQR and it's her own waistline she should correspondingly be worried about, pinning is sugar free ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this project! it's a great way to use up some scraps. i love giving food gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baggies are really cute! The teachers will love them, for sure!
    Hope the fridge is fixed already! Or else, throw a big party to eat all of the food up!!! ;-)
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best bag patterns ever, right? As Katy said, pictures of cookies are calorie free--they sure look good. Hope the fridge is up and running, and that you are happily sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute bags, but boo for the fridge! Did you get it sorted out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a teachers gift! I'll have to remember that for next year. My LO just graduated pre-k last week and starts kindergarten in the fall and his little sis goes to pre-k.
    Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful Kaleidoscope pattern from your quilt along. I made one for my niece who is graduating high school this year. Her cousin also chose the pattern for her's next year. I think it turned out great. Feel free to take a look here.
    http://vtquilter.blogspot.com/2013/06/graduation-quilt-is-finished.html
    Thanks again and have fun at the graduation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat