Monday, June 10, 2013

Paying it forward: An EPP pouch

Thanks for all the well wishes for my broken fridge last week - they worked! The fridge is now back up and running, which is a wonderful thing. And the other big news from the last week is that my munchkin is now a preschool graduate, ready to start kindergarten in the fall. Oh my goodness.

Today is the first official day of summer for us, and one of my big goals this summer, other than big family fun, is to work through my Pay-It-Forward list, slowly but surely. Back in January, there was a little meme floating around on Instagram and Facebook, where people asked for 5 volunteers to sign up and agree to receive a small gift sometime during the year, in exchange for offering the same opportunity to 5 people of their own. I've got five great people to craft for, and so far, I've made some pouches and some divided baskets, and today I'm wrapping up another gift, a pouch with some EPP applique.

PIF EPP Pouch - front view

I really enjoy doing English Paper Piecing these days, and this pouch is actually an EPP starter kit for one of my pay-it-forward peeps. I made a simple pouch, using some black yarn dyed Essex and some beautiful charms of Laura Gunn's newest collection, Edges, for Michael Miller. I used an EPP block pattern I picked up a while back, Octagon Variation #2, and appliqued it using clear thread to the front of the pouch.

PIF EPP Pouch - top view

Inside the pouch, there's some needles, thread, Wonder Clips , and of course some EPP paper pieces to get started with. I sure hope that the recipient will enjoy some EPP thanks to these goodies!

PIF EPP Pouch - side view

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Love this pouch! How about teaching all of us how to make one????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes! teach us how to make one!!! this is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently become addicted to EPP and now I have no desire to sew on my machine!! LOL...what now? how will I get through my whole stash doing EPP?? Love the pouch...cute idea... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours in that octagon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute! I'm sure the recipient will be over the moon with it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so darn cute!! It will be much loved.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat