Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chaos

It's been a super crazy couple of weeks in my neck of the woods. I feel like I've hardly sat at my sewing machine, save for a few stolen moments earlier this week when I whipped up the July block for the Lucky Stars Block of the Month Club. For those of you who hoped for an easier star after two really challenging ones, you're getting your wish! This month's star is a simple eight-template star, so we're going to take it easy this month!

July - Lucky Star block in progress

I'm missing sewing terribly, but unfortunately, I don't see things changing too much for at a few more weeks. After a frenzied, stressful week and a half of house hunting, we've found ourselves a wonderful new house and are now in the oh-so-enjoyable process of moving. I've been a purging machine this week, lining up bag after bag to donate to Goodwill and even more bags for the garbage man! It's sad to think of packing up my sewing room, but I'm really excited about our new house, so I'm hoping that excitement will carry me through the move. So, if you don't hear much from me over the next few weeks, know that I'm purging and packing and wishing I was sewing!

A new friend stopping by our new house
The new house also has a bonus feature: a deer family that lives nearby!

14 comments:

  1. Best of luck it your packing and moving...always such a big/stressful job. Looks like your new place will be nice and peaceful, with a deer family and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the packing and moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey-oh. I feel your pain big time. My movers get here tomorrow. Hopefully you have a bigger car than I do too for all the good will runs you will make. Congrats on the new house! Can;t wait to see pictures! All the packing will be done soon enough. Blogging can wait :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! and also, GOOD LUCK! Moving can be a VERY trying time, so I'll keep u in my thoughts! I can't wait to see what you're new sewing space will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and good luck!! :) I hope it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 59 years I have only moved 4 times. There are times I wish I could move just to have some new surroundings but then I think about emptying the attic and basement and decide that staying put is better :)
    Good luck with your move....

    PS: I enjoy your blog/projects....much inspiration!
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck in your new home. Deer are beautiful creatures, except when they start eating your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since you have deer nearby, don't plant hostas or pansies. Ask me how I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck on your moving process and hope you get everything done quickly so you can enjoy your new home:)

    Looking forward to an easy block for July:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally feel for you! We just moved to a new house a few months ago and it took me forever to get everything unpacked and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new house and good luck with the moving. Once you are in and settled, you can get back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1.5 weeks for house hunting? You see me impressed! Good luck with the move! We just moved and my sewing room is still not 100% ready yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could live with new neighbours like that! Hope the move went well :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat