Monday, January 28, 2013

Introducing the Wheel of Fortune PDF Pattern

I am so happy to share my latest PDF quilt pattern with you all this morning! Introducing...the Wheel of Fortune PDF pattern, including block templates for making a 6" finished block and 12" finished block, now available in my Pattern Shop and on Craftsy!

Wheel of Forutne PDF Pattern available now!

I first made this quilt for my partner in the Doll Quilt Swap, using the 6" block, rainbow scraps and Kona grays in Ash and Coal for the background fabrics. My doll quilt is 18" square, and an example of the mini size quilt pattern available in this PDF pattern. I love the way the blocks have a sparkly feeling to them, thanks to the use of various values throughout each section of the block. This little mini is heading off to its new owner this week, and I can't wait to hear what she thinks of it.

DQS - Rainbow Wheel of Fortune

I also made a second quilt using this pattern, switching to a larger 12" block size and using two main colors rather than a rainbow. I am really loving the combination of coral and navy right now, so this quilt was a perfect chance for me to use this color combo in a quilt. I used prints from Luxe in Bloom, Constellations, Seaside, Greenfield Hill, Sherbet Pips, Les Amis, and Deerfield, as well as from Madrona Road and Architextures for the background fabrics. This baby quilt finished at 36" x 48", and is bound in Kona Mango, which is a delicious coral color, perfect for setting off all of these prints.

Luxe Wheel of Fortune - baby quilt from my new pattern

The Wheel of Fortune PDF quilt pattern is available now both in my Pattern Shop and on Craftsy, for $10. The pattern includes instructions for making a mini 18" quilt, a baby sized 36" x 48" quilt, a lap sized 60" x 72" quilt, a queen sized 84" x 96" quilt, and a king sized 96" x 108" quilt, complete with detailed cutting and piecing instructions to make this quilt a breeze to put together.

Luxe Wheel of Fortune - and my new swan friend!

Quilt Stats
name: Luxe Wheels of Fortune
size: 36" x 48"
pattern: Wheel of Fortune quilt pattern
fabrics: Black crosshatch from Architextures, Madrona Road Memoir in White, Petite Petalie in Coral from Luxe in Bloom, Crystalline Cobalt from Luxe in Bloom, Crystalline Coral from Luxe in Bloom, Asterisk in Light Blue from Constellations, Constellation in Blue from Constellations, Bikini in Blue from Seaside, Arrows in Peach from Deerfield, Faux Bois in Peach from Les Amis
quilting: All over meandering stipple in white 50wt Aurifil thread
binding: Kona Mango

13 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Elizabeth! Both coulour ways are so wonderful! I have already long list of your quilt patterns to make ... x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm supposed to be making a wedding quilt for a friend this fall with her wedding colors, which are navy and "Nantucket red." I've been a bit nervous about this! But I like how it looks in your quilt, so perhaps this is a possibility... Thanks for including fabric info! I'm guessing finding "Nantucket red" is going to be a task, so I'm trying to collect all of the leads I can for stuff that is coral-ish or salmon-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really LOVE this color combo! Great pattern, Elizabeth. I love the secondary design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at the same quilt in different colourways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pattern and I hope your mini is headed to me but if not I'll be purchasing your pattern to make my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, I really like your pattern. Job well done. Thanks for sharing.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many quilts I want to make and so darn little time. Love this quilt Elizabeth ~ especially in the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this pattern! And I was so interested to see it in a two-color palette instead of rainbow. Still so intriguing, but such a different look. I'll be getting this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - and both quilts are super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it! I'm a HUGE fan of the show and your quilt is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the pattern-- i just made a little pouch using the 6.5" block :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat