Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scrappy goodness always makes me smile

Thanks everybody, for all the wonderful ideas and feedback about my desk troubles. My husband has constructed an extra support under the desk that seems to be helping quite a bit, so I think things are on the upswing on that front. I'll try to get a decent picture of the way things are now real soon. I've been sewing the last couple of days, trying to get caught up on a few projects that have snuck up on me, and I've actually got some things I can share for once, yay!!

I finished up this gorgeous block for Brioni, using this tutorial. I highly recommend it. Such a pretty finished block! I can't wait to see her start to put all of her blocks together, they're going to be so super pretty. I just love scrappy blocks like this!

Lone Starburst for Brioni

I also finished up quilting a quilt I can't share just yet, but I'm really happy with how the quilting turned out, and I can definitely show you that part! It was a lot of fun to work on, and it was a big relief to see that my new set-up really did make the quilting go much more smoothly, thanks to the large work surface.

Quilting - check!

It feels good to be spending some time with my sewing machine in between getting ready for school to get started up again. It's been a great summer, but I'm ready to get back into the swing of school again!

17 comments:

  1. Your quilting is so lovely! And the block is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks so beautiful! I got Angela's book this week and need to start practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it weird in the midst of this heat to think that kids are, or nearly are, back in school already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful quilting Elizabeth... really well done. I am so glad you are making your table work for you, it is so imperative to free motion quilting to have a good surface to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that block. I've made one and decided to make more with my favorite fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrappy star, and looking forward to seeing that quilt :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous block! awesome job with the quilting =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love star blocks and this one is no exception!

    Your quilting work is very pretty:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I love the bright and scrappy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your block Elizabeth - it is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really really love that star block

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What a GORGEOUS design, LOVE it!!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that pattern. I made one in red, white and blue for a Quilt of Valor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That block is gorgeous. Glad to hear that you are looking forward to school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat