Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Our last week of summer

The munchkin goes back to school next week, for his final year at preschool before kindergarten. He's so excited he can hardly stand it! We've been busy gathering all of the things he needs for school the last few days, so we're making sure to spend these last few days of summer having a lot of fun. My mom has been visiting for the last several days, too, which has been a lot of fun for both me and my munchkin.


Yesterday, we all trucked over to the beach. We love going to the beach, especially the munchkin. Sand is his friend, big-time. He just loves getting covered in sand, and digging, too. He had a lot of fun with two dump trucks yesterday, pretending that one was a bad guy that kept dumping sand on the good truck. It was a gorgeous day for the beach, not blazingly, stiflingly hot like it has been lately, and with a lovely breeze. We all had a great time, and even saw a pair of dolphins frolicking near the shore. Naturally, I couldn't grab my camera fast enough to get a picture of them, but it was really fun to watch them splash and play together.


 

It's hard to believe that school starts a week from today. I feel like the summer positively disappeared in a flash this year. While I'm looking forward to the amount of "mommy time" I'm going to be getting with him in school five days a week this year, I'm also going to miss him terribly. I know for sure this year that he won't be tearing up on the first day of school, but I sure will :) Have a great Tuesday everyone!

13 comments:

  1. It's just crazy that summer is already coming to an end! On one hand I am kind of bummed about it, but on the other hand I am looking forward to some routine. All of the free time is leading to getting nothing done. Not sure how that happens....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is starting preschool this year and we are getting really excited about it! I can't believe how fast this summer has gone! Enjoy your last week of summer vacation and good luck to your little one this year at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great end to the summer. It really did seem to zip past for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, enjoying that wonderful quilt at the beach - awesome! Enjoy this week of summer, and since those tears are inevitable on that first day of school, be sure to have Kleenex handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, Luke starts kindergarten on Monday, so I know exactly how you feel! I'm glad you're able to spend some fun days with your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, look how cute you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, looks like a fab day at the beach :o) Kids here go back tomorrow, I can't wait to be able to go out at lunchtime or walk home from work and not be knee deep in back-to-school shoppers o.O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy all the days whilst you can. You know boys always love to hang out with new friends. Hope he settles in OK =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a happy/sad time, my oldest started high school this year and my youngest joins her next year, time goes by so quickly that I had better not blink or they will be all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great way to spend free time before school starts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that beautiful quilt spread out on the sand! I would be so afraid to get it dirty! Does the sand ever really wash out? That's what I would worry about :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful last week of summer. Be strong tomorrow, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For once, this summer feels like it has FLOWN by. He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat