Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mail call!

My mailbox has been a super happy place lately, with several wonderful goodies putting a big smile on my face.

The first wonderful thing that came to me was a super fabulous pillow from John of Quilt Dad. Amy put together a fun small NY Beauty swap a while back and I'm so glad she asked me to participate. I got to send my NY Beauty mini to Lee, and John sent me this gorgeous pillow! I feel so lucky! This pillow is just perfect for my sewing room, and nice and colorful, just the way I like it. Even the stitching is multicolored! This pillow totally made my day :)

IMG_9430rt

IMG_9435rt

I also have gotten hooked on English Paper Piecing...at least the idea of it :) After finally tackling hexagons for my Zakka project last week, EPP doesn't seem anywhere near as daunting as I used to think it would be, and I ordered some new pieces to try out last week, after drooling over a wip that Terri has been working on for the Pillow Talk Swap. I love the idea of digging into my scrap bins and making something out of them for once, so I'm hoping that I will show some follow-through here and give these little guys a try soon!

IMG_9438rt

I finally caved and ordered a Michael Miller Cotton Couture card from Caitlin at I Don't Do Dishes, and boy I'm glad I did. I really love the crazy soft hand of the MM solids, and now the next time I order them, I will know exactly what color I'm getting. And the card is super cute to boot!

IMG_9440rt

And finally, did you see that the voting has opened up for Jennifer's Summer Sewing Contest? There are so many gorgeous projects featured there, and one of them just happens to be mine - my NY Beauty mini is the last entry in the Home Decor category, in case you want to vote for me - or your other favorite summer projects! Have a great day!

NY Beauty mini

12 comments:

  1. I love your New York Beauty. So naturally I voted for it. Good luck. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to see your NY Beauty in person and touch it! I don't think there is a computer screen that can do it justice! Every single thing about it is pure gorgeousness. And now I'm totally wanting Oakshotts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to get that pillow! I love the bright colors and the gray background. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow is gorgeous! Great NYB quilt =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that cushion is fab! Good luck in the comp too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. John certainly did a great job making that pillow.
    those paper pieces are the one of the best inventions.
    Good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I understoond what makes a project "Modern", instead of my "traditional" look.

    The pillow is perfectly "Modern"! 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just asking folks how they liked their color cards yesterday :-) I only got positive reviews, so I am dying to order some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hooked on hexies/EPP too after getting started on the Zakka style pouch. Have you tried using the Sewline fabric glue pen in stead of basting by hand? I am a bit ambivalent about it - it makes it go a ton faster, but it does take away some of the charm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Michael Miller fabrics look downright dangerous. I've spent hundreds just looking at your card! SOOO nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Squee, Thank you for mentioning my PTS project. I can;t wait to see what you do with yours :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat