Friday, June 15, 2012

Bella Parade: Hello purple!

Welcome to my stash post as a part of the Bella Parade, a celebration of the new colors making their debut this year for Moda's Bella solids line.  I was given four of the new solids and asked to shop my stash for some fun pairings for these solids.

IMG_9330
from left to right:
Bella Wisteria, Bella Mauve, Bella Petal Pink, and Bella Sand

I love working with solids, but I realized as I attempted pairing these solids with prints that I usually work in the opposite direction - finding solids that match prints that I want to work with!  It took several auditions for my to find my final four prints to work with this solids stack.

Now, admittedly, I'm not normally much of a purple person. It's a hard color to shop for in fabric, as the options are typically quite limited, but I was able to find four really great prints in the purple section of my stash that played really nicely with all four shades in my stack.

IMG_9324
prints from left to right: Tula Pink Parisville Eye Drops Dot in Dusk, Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi Framed in Shadow, Pat Bravo Modernology Fashionable in Azure, and Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi Clippings in Passion

IMG_9326

There are lots of other great coordinates for these four Bella colors, and here's a few to make your wallet sweat...

Birds&Bees


Freshcut


Poetica

Thanks for joining me today to hear about these four new colors - to learn more about the other new colors Moda has introduced, be sure to visit Shruti and Emily to read the other wonderful Bella Parade posts.  I hope you'll join me tomorrow to make a fun, easy project using some pieced chevrons! 

IMG_9331

6 comments:

  1. Oooh da lolly! New solids? Yes, please. It's nice to see these other fabric lines, too. I look forward to some chevron fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the chevron fun you have lined up for us! Don't they give those solids such lovely names to go with their pretty colours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to see new solids. I have to admit my eyes like a rest now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is hard for me too,but I keep finding myself making things with it lately. I really enjoy using the Poetica though:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours, the shades are so soft! Orange/red are hard colours to find too =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat