Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tidbits for Tuesday

It's been a busy week at my house, between trying to catch up on sewing commitments that were quickly creeping up on me and having some good old-fashioned family time as well. I spent some quality time with my project for the EZ Dresden Challenge, which I'm happy to say is now done! I had a lot of fun trying to come up with something fun and different to do with a dresden ruler, and I had even more quilting this one. Can't wait to show you! For more details on the challenge, you can visit the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild, who is one of the fab sponsors of the challenge, and you can stay tuned here for the full reveal of this quilt coming on Sunday.

quilting


binding

It's the munchkin's last week of his first year of preschool, which is both exciting and bittersweet for me. I'm super proud of him and how well he's done, but sad to see this year over already. Next year, he'll have a year of pre-K before heading off to kindergarten, which surely will bring me to tears. It's amazing to compare pictures of him now to pictures from a year ago; he all of a sudden looks like such a big boy, not a baby at all anymore.

IMG_9130


We had a blast at a friend's birthday party this weekend at a fantastically sprawling county park that was new to us. The kids were especially enchanted with a light-up frisbee. Have you ever watched preschoolers throw a frisbee? Super funny stuff :)  We even spotted a gator in one of the streams at the park, super close to a sign warning folks not to feed the gators. Good thing the gator seemed more interested in being in the water than out in the grassy areas of the park!

IMG_9135

Oh, and stay tuned for a fun announcement coming in the next few days about a holiday-themed blog hop that I'm planning, to give you a head start for your holiday sewing. Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new quilt! I'm loving all the new ideas for dresdans. Also intrigued by the holiday blog hop. I need to get a move on my Christmas sewing!

    I'm glad your boy did so well in preschool. My oldest starts his first year in September and I'm a little nervous, but excited all at the same time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children grow so quickly; it seems like only a sew years ago that my DD started school and now she's a married woman with two small boys! Enjoy every minute of it - the time is like sand through your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that loopy quilting!

    A gator? Sheesh! I am glad we don't have those here in Colorado. Just bears and mountain lions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!I love your peeks - that quilting is super fun. And your fabrics - mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just announced a Christmas in July event on my blog last week [http://sewfestivehandmade.blogspot.com/2012/05/announcing-christmas-in-july-event.html] and was hoping that your event wouldn't be named the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're getting all kinds of adventurous with your FMQ! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilting pattern
    So nice to see you all enjoying the weather. Ours has reverted back to its typical self (Gotta love UK weather) =D

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. Feel free to stop by and enter (if you haven't already) =D
    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, fab sneaky peek, and love the frisbee technique, isn't that how it's meant to be done? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat