Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WiP Wednesday #24

I spent some time this weekend organizing my sewing space and trying to make it more workable.  I moved some things around, with my husband's help, and I'm really digging the new layout.

My new-and-improved sewing space

I scooted my sewing cabinet and my dad's old desk together, so I now have one big desk for sewing and cutting and all of that.  So far, I'm definitely enjoying it!

Well, I must say, my project list was starting to feel like it was dwindling as I started up this list...at least it did, until I started adding the new things that have come up this week to it...

Finished:
A Hooty Supernova - Done!

Hooty Supernova - finished!

String Me Along queen bee prep - Done!

String Me Along packages ready to go

Pretty {little} Pouch swap - Done!

Pretty {little} Pouch - finished! #1

Still going:
Bottled Rainbows - I'm just finishing up the binding, I should finish this one today (I hope!).

Leftover Rainbows Binding

3x6 bee blocks - lots of sketching, not much progress otherwise

Spiderweb quilt - I'm pleased to say that I did indeed get started again on this one!  I made a bit of a mess in the process, but I've started to make progress again, so I'm moving in the right direction.

Spiderwebs in progress!

Goodie Bag Swap - I've got almost all of my fabric gathered and ready to start cutting.  I'm excited to get started on this one!  I'm planning on using that grey Ikea fabric for the main body of the bag, some fun scraps to build a cool scrappy handle, but I'm still trying to find the perfect lining fabric.

Goodie Bag project, getting ready to start!

Super Secret Project - I did lots of math this week.  Lots and lots of it.  Still nothing fun to show, though, other than a half-used eraser...

No progress:
Single Girl

New:
Zippered make-up pouch for my niece - My 7-year-old niece Katie is starting to get into make-up.  So hilarious.  Naturally, my mother (her grandmother) is supporting this wholeheartedly and bought out the make-up section at the Dollar Store recently.  Every girl needs a make-up bag, right?  So, I plan to whip up a little scrappy make-up bag for her this week.

Zippered pouch possibilities..

A little mending for the munchkin: Remember the dinosaur I made him for Christmas?  Well, I managed to get my hands on it yesterday, and saw what he's done to the feet... This kid has a thing for felt; while snuggling with his stuffed animals, he tends to pick little fuzzes off of them.  Apparently, he's done that here with his stegosaurus, to all four feet, so I'm going to have to come up with some alternative feet.  My husband suggested dinosaur shoes.  We'll see...

The munchkin has a thing for felt...

This week's recap
Last week's total: 9
Finished: 3
New this week: 2
This week's total: 8

And finally....not an actual project yet, I need to clear the slate a bit more before I tackle this one, but in the clean-up, I did manage to take a photo of the next double-sided quilt I've got in my mind's eye...

The next double-sided quilt I'm planning...

35 comments:

  1. Wow!! You've been crazy busy! Your new sewing space looks great. I need to organize mine. Supernova is awesome and can't wait to see the make-up bags! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the reorg of your room. Love it when you can get more table space! All your projects look so organized. You've definitely been creative. Love the fabrics you chose for your niece's makeup bag. So sweet! And funny story too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love your sewing space. I'm envious, really. No matter you manage to get so much done! Your pretty little pouch is a real stunner. I think you've inspired me to make my own pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed your spiderweb quilt in the first photo, love it, it is on my list to make. I like your sewing room, I would love one instead of having things here and there.That is a nice stack of fabric there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coming here. :) Storing binding on an empty thread spool Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many pretty projects COMPLETED!
    I love the binding fabric for the bottled rainbows - great choice!
    And can't wait to see what you do with the AMH fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, look at all the AMH! I can't beleive that you completed the Super Nova and other things too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been so busy sewing. I hope that fabric on the spool is the binding for your bottled rainbows quilt. What a perfect little stripe for that quilt. I also just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to WIP Wednesday. I recently started following your blog and it was the first time I had seen the WIP Wednesday. It encouraged me to link up for the first time this week and also following your link last week was what led to the inspiration for my latest project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh so pretty! All of it! Don't you just love a newly reorganized sewing space?? I just went through and did a thorough cleaning this weekend, and its so nice to walk in to a clean and organized space! I just adore those spiderwebs on your design wall, cannot wait to see more of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lot of great projects! Nice to have your sewing space more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much awesomeness!! Congrats on all the beautiful finishes! And I can't wait to see that makeup bag! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your Supernova quilt is beautiful. I suddenly want to make one seeing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Such wonderful projects! I love your IKEA fabric! Is it heavier than our 'normal' quilting cotton?? Your supernova is SO beautiful! Amazing! And your sewing room is great! It's so nice to enjoy the space you sew in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fabric for your new project. I know I have seen it around, but can you remind me of the name of the line? Or is it a bunch of lines mixed? I can't wait to see your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As usual you have accomplished so dang much. I amazed at how many projects you keep up with. That spiderweb quilt is still my favorite. I'm excited to see you start it up again because I want to see it done! I'm contemplating colors to start my own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very envious of your sewing/cutting space! It looks like a dream! Sweet fabrics for the makeup pouch.

    I hope your slate gets cleared off soon so you can dive in to that pile of gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your new sewing set-up! I wish I had more cutting space. Love all those spiderweb blocks back there. And the stack of fabric for your new double-sided quilt is pure gorgeousness!

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very, very pretty Supernova. Awesome colours. And look at all your fabric! Great looking stack.

    ReplyDelete
  19. your eye for color is amazing, love all the bright fabrics! And your sewing space is very cheery. I like how your machine sits down in the table for a smooth line. can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so jealous of your sewing space, I have to drag the machine out to the dining table every time I want to make something. The Supernove is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your new sewing space! Your projects are amazing as always! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dinsoaur shoes! Love it!! You got a LOT done this week - way to go!! Can't wait to see the next double-sider. The fabrics are divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Uh-Oh, the spiderwebs have made it back out. I'd better get back on the string quilt before you leave us in the dust, lol. Your new sewing space looks great! Isn't it amazing how much you can accomplish when everything is neat and organized?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay for redoing your sewing room! I need to do that, too. Right now, it's a shambles! :o) I share the space with my two littles, so I'm forever tripping over blocks or dolls or sippy cups. I totally love being able to sew while they're playing, but I need to organize it better. :o)
    And I love the look of your Hooty Supernova quilt! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, so much going on and all of it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow! is a good word!
    We recently bought our home and I was able to go from sharing the kitchen table for sewing to having my own craft room. I love it, but yours looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Elisabeth! Your sewing room looks so nice and lightful! You have lots of lovely fabric waiting your creations! That box-pouch is great - I love the way you have used the patchwork with the linen! Your quilts are unique!
    Have a lovely day! xxx Teje

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think your Supernova is my favorite of the ones I've seen so far.

    I'm excited to get the fabrics for your block. It's always so fun seeing what everybody else chooses & getting to work with fabric I wouldn't otherwise get to use.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooooo the bee fabrics look so fun and pretty like that!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your binding! Is there a secret to folding your binding like that (as opposed to just in half) that I don't know about?! Can't wait to see your quilt finished!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your sewing space looks great! I'm still plotting to try and make a little corner for myself somewhere! And that stack of fabric...amazing! Love the colours. Isn't IKEA great for fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your bottled rainbows binding!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I seriously want to come play in your sewing area. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Its been said, but genius way to store the binding until you are ready to use! So going to borrow that idea - much better than my current, accordion fold and shove in a plastic bin.
    And, as ALWAYS, impressive projects!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Whoa! So much on the go! DD and I have one ready for quilting and are trying some layouts for the next one (an "I Spy" quilt). Now if it were my knitting projects...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat