Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WiP Wednesday #21

Wasn't it just Wednesday like yesterday?  This last week has been a serious blur.  Between some seriously inclement weather here in Florida as well as lots of dictator-like behavior from my three-year-old, maybe I'm just blocking out the last week.  Please forgive the awful lighting on some of these photos - we had another big day of rain yesterday, so the natural light was completely nonexistent when I got a few minutes to photo my progress. I did manage to get a good bit of sewing done this week...so much so that I kind of feel like I must be drinking too much coffee or something!  Hop on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else has in the works!

Finished this week
Bookshelf mini quilt tutorial

Finished another bookshelf mini - for a tutorial!

Color wheel pillow - stay tuned tomorrow after the recipient gets it but here's another in-progress pic...

Color wheel pillow in progress

In progress
Supernova QAL - All caught up on cutting and trying to wait patiently for some piecing instructions tomorrow!  In the meantime, I've been playing with the layouts for this week...

supernova mosaic


Spiderweb bee quilt - One spiderweb down, another seventeen to go.  Eeek.  I definitely cannot yet see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

The 13th Spiderweb (only 17 more to go)

Bottled Rainbows QAL - All my blocks are done at this point, just need to start putting them together and come up with an idea for backing it!  I'm so loving this quilt, but I must say, it didn't put too much of a dent into my scraps.  Here's a little mosaic of all the blocks, although the aspect ratio is a little off in the mosaic, but you get the idea...

bottled rainbows mosaic

Waiting in the wings:
King Size Single Girl - Still awaiting a local long arm to rent!

April do.Good.Stitches blocks - I managed to pull some fabrics for this block and cut them out, but I haven't done the sewing just yet.  

do.Good Stitches April picks


Super secret new quilt project - A nice shipment of solids came in for me this week for this project, although I won't be starting it just yet, still working out the kinks of the design.  

Super awesome mail!

New
String Me Along April block - A bento style block, using Ashley's great tutorial.

Birdie Stitches April block - Another super cute block.  Every time my munchkin sees me working on these blocks, he asks when this quilt will be done.  Clearly, impatience is in his genes :)

Birdie Stitches April - almost in progress


{Sew} Beautiful April block - Brooke picked a Circle of Geese swap.  I think it goes without saying that I'll be doing a practice block for this one!

Pretty {little} Pouch Swap - With all of the other swaps I was in wrapping up this week and my Margaret's Hope Chest quilt on its way across the country, I was itching for a new swap, so when Kelly invited me in, I had to say yes!  This does mean that I need to buckle down and get over my fear of zippers, which I'm hoping to do with a practice pouch this week.  If you've got a favorite zipper tutorial, tell me about it!  I need all the help I can get!

pretty little pouch swap mosaic

Goody Bag Swap - I'm super excited about this one.  Angela and Kaelin must have heard via ESP that I'm dying for a new bag, and I keep almost starting one up every week.  I'm excited to get a partner soon and find out what kind of bag they'd love to have - I know I would love a new messenger bag!

iheartmessengerbags

WiP Wednesday #21 Recap
Finished this week: 2
Last week's total: 8
New this week: 5
This week's total: 11 (back in the double digits!)

So, what are you working on this week?  Hop over to Freshly Pieced to join in the linky fun, and make sure to visit the other blogs to encourage their progress, too.  That's what makes WiP Wednesday such a great linky, all of the feedback from others :)

27 comments:

  1. Gosh you must be busy! I love your bottled rainbows and now I am going to check out the bookshelf tute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy!
    How fun to look at all the lovely pictures in this post -- I'm inspired!
    If you're looking for help with zippers, try the zipper with the covered ends -- in the gathered clutch tutorial at Noodlehead. This is the tutorial that launched me into confident zippering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your WIP's, especially Supernova and those bottled rainbow mosaics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bookshelf quilt! I simple must do that!! :)

    You Supernova is beautiful and so is the bottled rainbows!!

    WOnderful blocks and everything!! Happy WIP Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of It's a Hoot in the Supernova pattern. It looks awesome! I can't believe you're done with the Bottled Rainbows squares! I'm only on my second block, and it will take me forever, but I'm enjoying it.

    I'm in both of those swaps, too! I didn't need to join any more, but they both look so fun, so I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth! Are there more than 24 hours in your days??? I can't believe how much you've accomplished! I'm seriously impressed by your Supernova and Bottled Rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holey cow, there's a lot going on here! I love it all! Sew happy and springey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO many beautiful pictures. Wow, you are keeping busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I don't even know where to start! Loving those bottled rainbows! I felt the same way with my scrap quilt, for some reason I was just thinking that all my scraps would magically dissapear...um, no. Your supernova looks awesome and I need to try the bookshelf quilt tutorial. Everything is just amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one who lost track of the last week! They really seem to be speeding by lately.

    Your Bottled Rainbows blocks are absolutely fantastic! It's so much fun to see them put together like that, I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you've been working on! Those bottled rainbows are gonna be grand as a quilt top :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you're still playing with the supernova layouts....continue to have fun playing ;-)! Thanks for the encouragement to play rather than stick to a particular sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so much colour and fun in this post! Your energy and enthusiasm for quilting is really showing. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so many wonderful projects! I love the look of that pillow, hope to see the final result when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh, you are getting to the end of a lot of your projects! The bottled rainbow and supernova look amazing. And of course I've already told you I love your bookshelf, this one is super cute too.
    Maybe you need to do another bee so you can have another group finish off your spiderwebs for you!? Glad you are in the pouch swap too. That will be a fun quick swap. I've been thinking about the bag one, but I haven't made up my mind. I really should take it easy and make curtains instead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy *expletive*! That's a lot of progress in one week! Love love all your projects esp. the Supernova.

    Your Bottled Rainbows blocks are exerting some significant peer pressure. Must...resist...another...project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the projects especially the spider web.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Lord you have a lot to comment on, I can barely remember it all! HA!

    Bottled Rainbows - Awesome, it looks so great all laid out!
    SuperNova - I think so far, yours is one of my favorites, I'm not participating, just stalking everybody in that group. :)
    Pretty Little Pouch - I joined up on this one today!!! So excited, it will be my first swap! Your inspiration pics are great! Check out the Noodlehead gathered clutch - it is the best explanation for that type of zipper installation.

    I love all your on going projects!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, please send me some of whatever you're drinking, I could do with some of your energy! I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one with a 3 year old dictator in the house! Loving your Supernova layout, its looking great. And I can't wait to try your tute :-) And I can't believe you've already done your blocks for the Bottled Rainbows! Well done you, you've been super productive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Impressive progress! Love your supernova!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You have SERIOUSLY been busy. And you have a 3-year old? That's amazing! You have some beautiful items in the works. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You are super busy, but I love looking at all of your pictures. It's like being at a candy store! Your projects look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! You have been sewing up a storm. I love all the rainbow colors

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get outta town. You have done SO MUCH! And it's all gorgeous, as usual! : ) Your bottled rainbows are soooooo pretty.

    And there can never be too much coffee, btw. : ) Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The bookshelf is officially on my list of to-dos :) Your post is so colorful - thanks for the bright and cheery! And well done on the bottled rainbows, they really do look like...well...bottled rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my - your projects are all so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just printed the directions for myself. It will be moving to the top of my someday list. Hope someday comes soon. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat