Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WiP Wednesday #23

It's been a long week...but not necessarily in a good way.  The munchkin has been especially difficult this last week, and my nerves have been a bit frayed as a result, which led to one of the biggest quilting blunders I've ever made.  Eek!

When I griped about my troubles Monday night, the outpouring of support and commiserating really blew me away.  It was so nice to hear from all of you, I really appreciate it.  The good news is that I'm almost done fixing that seriously big mistake, but other than that, I don't have a lot of progress to show this week.  Here's where things stand...

Finished
Commissioned bookshelf mini - Went so well that I'm actually considering making a few and listing them on Etsy...we'll see...

Bookshelf #3 Front


Bookshelf #3 Back


Still in progress
Supernova QAL - The quilt top and back are officially done, after some drama with the back.  Here's the front again, in case you missed it last week...

A Hooty Supernova top

And here's the back.  This is going to be my first truly double-sided quilt.  Time to think about how I want to quilt it...

DSCN2447

Bottled Rainbows QAL - The fabric has come in for piecing the back together and don't worry - it won't be as elaborate as my Supernova backing...here's hoping I don't screw it up!

Pretty {little} Pouch swap - I'm starting on a practice box pouch today, using Kaelin's awesome tute.  I've got my fabrics picked out for my partner (below), but I'm going to practice on some less treasured prized fabrics...

Pretty {little} Pouch possibilities...

Goodie Bag swap - I've definitely decided on a bag pattern for my partner, and I'm pretty sure I've figured out the fabric too, thanks to my Ikea home dec stash.  I need to add a splash of color somewhere - maybe some patchwork straps?

Partner, how would you like this fabric?

String Me Along queen bee prep - Almost done cutting and packaging, now that I've decided on a drunk love block.  Just need to cut a few more solids and then I'm good to go!

3x6 bee blocks - I spent the other night going through my scraps for the right color combos for my beehive, and I think I've got everything tackled, though I am apparently lacking in browns in my stash, but I'm sure I can fix that up pretty easily.  I'm hoping to work on these blocks this weekend, I've got a cool idea in mind that will probably wind up leading to a tute.

DSCN2443

Practically collecting dust:
Spiderweb quilt - I put my spiderweb blocks up on the wall this week, now that my Supernova blocks are down.  My wall looked awfully bare, but now it looks awfully exciting.  As soon as I wrap up my Supernova and Bottled Rainbows quilts, I fully plan to focus on this one!

DSCN2438

Single Girl quilt - Still awaiting the local long-arm machine (which is due to arrive by the end of this month!)

Super secret project - Waiting is really tough.  That's all I can say for now!

WiP Wednesday #23 Recap
Finished: 1
Last week's total: 10
New this week: 0
This week's total: 9

34 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy, busy, busy!

    This novice sits in awe of so many projects on the go at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy. I like the plus quilt and your spider web. Also peeked at your sliced coins quilt along, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the spiderweb quilt....that's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many beautiful pictures to look at!
    Your quilt back for the supernova is amazing.
    And inspiring!
    And the spiderweb quilt -- amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Supernova back looks absolutely amazing!! So glad you were able to fix it so fast!!

    I love the mini bookshelf quilt!! I need one for my sewign room!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm amazed at all you've got going on. Glad you got that supernova back all fixed up. it looks amazing!
    The spiderweb is fantastic too! Hope your little one is back to being sweet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're busy! They all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Spiderweb is amazing! wow. And the back of your Supernova - seriously impressive - and beautiful! That's going to be one lovely quilt when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I tell you again that I hope I am your partner in the goodie bag swap. I love that fabric and the bag pattern that you have picked out. I think a splash of color with the handles would be great. Or even a great colorful print for the lining, just a little sunshine surprise. Love all your WIP and I'm glad that you were able to get the back worked out on your supernova quilt. It is something I would totally do and probably have done a number of times.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in uber quilt love! I love your double sided for the Supernova! Fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ack!! Everything is just fantastic!! I am so excited to see the double sided quilt all put together and finished, both sides look just awesome. I am in love with those spiderwebs. So yummy! Great WIPs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been such a busy bee! Love the plus quilt--I know you were frustrated over it, but the results turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to quilt it for ME! I LOVE the Supernova and the back is way beyond awesome! Wow, oh wow! And I feel your seam ripper pain. I spent a week ripping out quilting gone bad. Love the Spiderwebs quilt and all the loverliness going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your projects are simply beautiful, I especially like the bookshelf. And this IKEA fabric has been sitting in my stash for a while now, too, I'm curious what you'll come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poor spiderweb quilt sounds like my poor string quilt, pushed to the wayside to make room for the Supernova. Mine still hasn't made it back onto the design wall! Yours is truly gorgeous, as is that back for the Supernova. It's going to be worth all that pain and suffering of having to fix the backing when it's all said and done because that quilt is going to be AWEsome!! And I definitely want to make a bookshelf mini quilt now, every new one you post is more awesome than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always amazed at how many projects you have going on. I really love how that spiderweb quilt looks. I might try it myself someday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks great this week! I love that your Supernova quilt is going to be double-sided, but sucks that it's given you so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way to rebound from the mishap on the quilt back...it is so gorgeous! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your supernova back looks awesome! Definitely worth the trouble. (Easy for me to say, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I knew that pieced back would be worth the effort, its gorgeous! And I just love the Spiderweb blocks, is there an easy tute somewhere for those? Love the effect! And, as always, I'm just amazed by how much you get done and how lovely it all is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your double-sided quilt is gorgeous! and another tute on the way? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks completely fab. I am dying to make a plus quilt now, after seeing yours. The spiderweb is going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all these!!! Especially the bookshelf. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the back of the Supernova quilt! I'm interested to see how you decide to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, you got it fixed. :) I just love your tessellation backing for Supernova.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the back of your supernova! And the book mini quilt is adorable. I'd think those would be really popular on etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, so much on your plate! I am using similar fabrics and a box pattern (that I am making up as I go) for my Pretty Little Swap Partner also! I love the fact that your Supernova is going to be double sided! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. working so hard there....take it easy, don't get stressed

    ReplyDelete
  29. That mini bookshelf is to die for! I love the quilting especially!

    ReplyDelete
  30. All I can say about your lovely work is that I'm jealous that the front AND back of your Supernova quilt are so beautiful. I'd love to have either of those quilts, much less both together!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You should totally go for it on selling the bookshelf quilts on Etsy! They're such a great idea, I could see them selling very well! And can I just say that I loooooove both sides of your Supernova!

    And you're getting me extremely curious about that super secret project. When do we get a hint?? : )

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. They are all wonderful. I can't imagine having so many projects so far along. This 50 hour workweek has to go! Too many evenings I come home and crash.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow!! I love the bookshelf quilt...soooo clever! I'm a teacher and I may have to make one of these for school...is it an original design?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat