Monday, March 28, 2016

Sewing by the seat of my pants

These little blocks are totally making my day these days. Whenever I pop into my sewing room for a few minutes, I can cut a few squares for the next block or sew a few seams - it's the perfect project for a few stolen moments here and there, and it's starting to actually look like something. So far, what I'm doing is making four blocks per color and then arranging them from light to dark into these big diamonds...




And I know I have more diamonds to make, I'm just not sure how many exactly...at least one more big cool diamond and one more big warm diamond, but likely more than that, to make a quilt big enough for our bed. I think I'll likely employ an alternate grid of some kind to make the blocks float and have a more varied, interesting layout, but I haven't quite gotten that far yet.


For now, I'm going to keep enjoying the process of making these little blocks and not worry too much about the final result. Sew by the seat of my pants, if you will. We'll see how long my Type A personality can tolerate that! Have a great week everyone :)

9 comments:

  1. Those are neat! And with those text prints in the background, you will have some reading material at bedtime. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are neat! And with those text prints in the background, you will have some reading material at bedtime. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesome!!! I seriously need to get some low volume fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great so far. Love the plus size blocks and the wonderful fabrics you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty. I think you just gave me something to do with all my 1.5" and 2" squares!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling! I've really enjoyed your Craftsy classes, too!
    Will you be offering a pattern for this cutie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these blocks
    This is going to be a cute quilt with a memory of having your little sweetums by your side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful and look perfect as arranged by colours! I can imagine how much you enjoy making the blocks. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally relate to your phrase "stolen moments" I think I even wrote a blog post about that a year or two ago. I love these little blocks because they are so fast and so cute! Thanks for sharing this and know you are not alone in the precious moments sewing crowd. In fact one of my favorite Facebook groups is called Late Night Quilters club because the moms who started it were mostly sewing at night after the Littles went to sleep. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat