Monday, March 7, 2016

A quick visit to my sewing room

The days are just flying by lately - between diaper changing, baby rocking, working full time, and trying to take care of the rest of the family, it's safe to say that sewing has been on the back burner. Though QuiltCon 2016 is only a few weeks behind us, I'm already hard at work on QuiltCon 2017 (and beyond!), setting up exciting new instructors and building the loads of spreadsheets that make event planning my jam. I managed to sneak into my sewing room twice over the last week though, to make some really simple scrap blocks that will hopefully turn into something cool at some point...


Nothing too exciting or special, but it sure did soothe my soul to spend a few minutes with pretty, pretty fabrics and hearing the hum of my sewing machine again.

Baby Lorelei is doing quite well, growing and changing rapidly. Her eyes are beginning to turn brown, I think, or maybe hazel like my dad's, and she still is the spitting image of her big brother at this age. It'll be interesting to see how much they wind up looking alike as they get bigger. The biggest difference so far is hair color - hers is much darker. She's smiling and cooing now, which is quite possibly the most adorable stage of infancy, in my opinion, and she's (knock on something!) becoming pretty easy-going. She's clearly my daughter, as she loves having a schedule and routine, and she gets several cases of hiccups a day, just like I did as a kid.


I hope you have a wonderful week, thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! :)

4 comments:

  1. Little Lorelei is so very cute! I can imagine how full your days are. Glad you could slip away into your sewing room for a little while. Beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quilte like being a Mommy! Lorelei is a beautiful little gem! I don't know how working mothers manage, but I'm in awe that you make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm worn out just reading about your schedule, Elizabeth! And what a sweetie Lorelei is--just like her shirt says.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful baby she is. I agree about how the cooing stage may be the best. I am so looking forward to QuiltCon 2017; there are not very many things like this held in the Southeast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat