Monday, March 14, 2016

If you're scrap happy and you know it, clap your hands...

Baby songs are all up in my head these days. While Lorelei is still quite little to appreciate songs and stories, I still spend time with her each day singing those familiar tunes and reading a story or two. Her smiles are becoming more frequent, which makes the days where the crying stretches on for what feels like eons a bit more bearable. And playing with my scraps this weekend also helps soothe this tired mom.



I've been wanting to make a new quilt for our bed for probably two years now, and after many different ideas that just didn't quite feel perfect, I think I've stumbled on one that is. These simple little patchwork blocks, sorted into warms and cools. They're crazy easy to stitch up, super fast, and let me play with all the little bits and bobs of leftover fabrics in my scrap bin. Perfect for naptime sewing.



Here's hoping I manage to sneak in some more sewing time this week! Have a fab week everyone :)

5 comments:

  1. Perfect little blocks. Love them - and I'm clapping my hands for also being scrap happy :)! Just finished sewing some string blocks and clearing one of my scrap baskets. Oh those early days with little ones when trying to figure out each cry and what it means. Thinking of you as you sing to little Lorelei - and hoping you catch up on your sleep in between times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks. Gave me an idea for some little blocks I have sitting around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blocks! What is the finished size? I'm thinking they would be cute with improvised cross blocks in the centers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, your sweet Lorelei is just adorable.
    I am so glad she is growing so well, and she looks happy
    I love all of the blocks you are fitting in to your day.
    ❤️♥️❤️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting in a bit of sewing is SO good for soothing a tired mom's soul. Congrats! on finding a bit of peace amid the plethora of tasks and challenges that having a baby create.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat