Monday, November 9, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Fourteen

Another week of making blocks brings me even closer to my goal of all 39 blocks before baby arrives. I think at this point in my pregnancy, I feel pretty ready - stuff-wise and mentally, at least - so making these blocks in my free time really helps the time pass by a little bit faster. This week brings two more stars to the sampler, the Faceted Star (previously seen as my Dark Star quilt in the Winter 2014 issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited) and the Love Wins Star.



Faceted Star
When I first made this block for Modern Quilts Unlimited, I used strictly solids, and really loved the results, so it was fun to get to remake this block using strictly prints and see what a different vibe it had. I love the crazy haywire yellow print, which sadly is missing a selvage, and my pregnancy brain is keeping me from recalling what collection it came from (Riley Blake something or another I think), but I really love the way that the crazy stripe brings added movement to the frame around the center star.


Love Wins Star
This festive star was one I initially made for the Love Wins Bee over the summer, and it was so interesting to sew this up in a more limited color scheme. Speaking of stars with different vibes, it just goes to show how much the color and fabric selection can absolutely change a block! I love this color combo, of the fresh teal and yellow, so I'm really pleased with how this one came together.

Don't forget, if you love these blocks, you can get the patterns by subscribing to the Epic Sampler BOM Club, where you receive 3 new block patterns per month. All of the blocks from my 39 Blocks for Baby project are included in your subscription. You can find out more about the club right here. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think that yellow fabric is from Valori Wells. Lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to making the Love Wins star. My first project in the post-floor refinishing sewing room was the November BOM blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat