Monday, November 23, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Sixteen

Thanksgiving is nearly upon us, my American friends! Do you have big plans? I know I do, but I also know that being this pregnant sure is changing the way I'm going to be able to execute said plans. I love cooking Thanksgiving, it's one of my favorite days of the year, but I know I'm going to need to be a bit more willing than usual to ask for help. Not my strong suit, but I know that turkey is not going to get in the oven this year from my two hands, that's for sure! I did manage to get through two more blocks this week, in spite of the impending holiday craziness, here's hoping I can keep up this pace and manage to get the rest of these blocks done throughout the busy holiday season!


HRT Star
This block I feel a little bit ambivalent about - I think I'm not loving the placement of the light teal, looking at the block critically and trying to understand what I'm not digging. Maybe I'd like it a bit better if the light gray were also a shade of teal, so it felt like those sections came together a little bit better? I'm not sure, but I do know that this gray pindot from Brigitte Heitland's Modern Background Paper collection is the kind of perfect pindot that you want in every color and in large amounts!



Star of Awesome 
You know you're running out of block names when you come up with one like this ;) I've been working mostly without a dark fuchsia in my blocks, because I didn't love the dark fuchsia I had shopped my stash and found, so when I was going through a pile of fabrics that needed to be bolted and put away and came across this gorgeous Yuwa print, I figured it was a sign that I needed to use it in this great block. I'm so glad I did, I think it plays so well against the medium fuchsia Denyse Schmidt Ladder Dot print in the center, not to mention the beautiful teals. This block is definitely going in the favorites column.

Don't forget, if you love these blocks, you can get the patterns by subscribing to the Epic Sampler BOM Club, where you receive 3 new block patterns per month. All of the blocks from my 39 Blocks for Baby project are included in your subscription. You can find out more about the club right here. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd switch the light teal and the smaller background triangles. Love the yellow, gold and gray. There's always next time...
    Keep on quiltin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both but maybe you're right about the color placement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat