Monday, October 26, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Twelve

This past week, I got to make one of my most favorite quilt blocks of all time - the spiderweb :) I've made quite a few spiderweb blocks over the years, and while it's a super tedious block to make, it's by far one of my favorites because of the sparkling effect you can create with them! I also made another block I've made a few times, the Crown of Thorns block, which is another great classic block that has so much vibrance to it.



Spiderweb
I adore this block. This is the first 12" spiderweb block I've made - and if you're an Epic Sampler BOM subscriber, you'll find out how exactly I managed to pull that off in a few months when this block pops up for the club - and I'm so glad I tackled that, because I think it's going to add so much to the finished quilt. It's also great for all those leftover bits and bobs from previous blocks!



Crown of Thorns
Loads and loads of HSTs aren't always my favorite thing in the world, but I do really love them in this block. They're worth the effort here, for sure. I especially love the mix of the blues with the yellow/gold center of the block - it's a color combo that I'm often drawn to, actually.

Have a wonderful week everyone, and a happy Halloween this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love the spider web block...and can't wait to try it for the Epic Sampler BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your web is just gorgeous in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the Epic quilt BOM. I love these blocks and can't wait to piece them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I just love the colors you are using for all your blocks--especially these 2! You always challenge me (a beginner) to try new color combinations and to strive for that precise piecing you always achieve :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited for November's blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat