Monday, November 30, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Seventeen

How is it December tomorrow? Where has this year gone?!?! I saw a sign at Target or Walmart a few days ago, telling me that it's less than 30 days until Christmas, which absolutely sent me into a tizzy. I don't know how this year has gotten away from me, but it absolutely has. Then again, I think most years I feel this way in December. It's been a good year, and I'm thankful for all of the wonderful things that have happened this year, but wow, it seems like each year passes faster than the previous these days.

Enough of that! I'm really nearing the end of my 39 Blocks Before Baby project, which is astounding to me. It felt so big, like it wasn't really possible, but I'm in the home stretch for sure at this point, with just a few more blocks to go after this week's two.

Ribbon Star
This star just screamed out for the use of a directional fabric, and the Joel Dewberry woodgrain print worked perfectly to frame this star up nicely. This star is another paper-pieced one, but it's fairly straightforward and forgiving, using four templates to create the ribbon effect around the star.


Basketweave Star
This paper-pieced star has been on my quilty bucket list pretty much since I started sewing, so I'm glad to finally tackle it. It was great to save toward the end of the project as well, because all I had to cut fresh were the background pieces - I had plenty of stringy scraps for the rest of the block! I really love this block, and definitely want to make more of them. Eventually. You know, when I don't have a newborn or something :)


Don't forget, if you love these blocks, you can get the patterns by subscribing to the Epic Sampler BOM Club, where you receive 3 new block patterns per month. All of the blocks from my 39 Blocks for Baby project are included in your subscription. You can find out more about the club right here. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blocks! I still have to play catch up on Nov's blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, all of your blocks are outstanding. I love the colors/fabrics you have chosen. Each one looks like a jewel.
    I hope you are feeling wonderful and excited for your new baby.
    I am excited for your family. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to getting new block patterns tomorrow. Have a wonderful holiday--you can enjoy your last year as a threesome and look forward to your new year's little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! Basketweave Star--I'm in quilty love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat