Monday, October 5, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Nine

Two more 12" blocks this week for my 39 Blocks Before Baby Sampler, to bring the tally of 12" blocks up to a nice round 5, of 22. Nice!


Pinwheel Star
A twirling, whirling kind of star is often the best kind. This paper-pieced star features a sample of each of the four focal colors I'm using in this quilt, swirling around a simple friendship star at the center. This one is paper pieced, but because the shapes are fairly large in the block, it's a quick block to sew up. I love the Cotton + Steel XO print in the background, I think it just makes the block sing!


Radiant Ring
This block uses a mix of paper piecing and patchwork to bring together this ring-effect block. I've made this block several times over the years, but I'm especially liking this one, with that loud pop of fuchsia in the center. I love a good pop of contrast :)

Next week, I get to make the last 6" block for the whole quilt, which I'm excited about - then all I'll have left to tackle are the 12" and 18" blocks. Have a wonderful week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice block! I love the colors you are using. This quilt is going to be very "trendy and colorful" and soothing. I know you are enjoying the process. the construction is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors. Lucky little girl! :)
    I still need to pick my colors for your QAL. :) Going on vaca next week but hope to finalized when I get back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat