Monday, October 12, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Ten

Ten weeks into this project, and I've officially more than halfway through! This week's two blocks bring the total number of blocks made up to 21, leaving me just another 18 more to make over the next two and a half months before baby arrives, so I'm feeling really good about wrapping up at least the blocks for this project right on time.

This week's two new blocks are the final 6" block, Color My World, and a 12" block, the Spunky Pinwheel Star.



Color My World
This block was originally a 10" block that appeared in a pattern of mine, but I've always loved the simplicity of it. This block is an awesome block to do over and over again, too, but in this quilt, there's just the one. It was mighty tempting to make a few extras for a mini or something, but since I'm really trying to stay focused on this project, I managed to restrain myself.



Spunky Pinwheel Star
I love a good star block - always have, always will - and this is no exception. I love the fun pinwheel in the center, especially with the pop of color the fuchsia XO fabric brings. This 12" beauty is indeed paper-pieced, and it was really nice to get back into the paper piecing groove this week. Call me crazy, but once you get the hang of paper piecing, it can be just so enjoyable!

So that's my progress for the week - I'm going to tackle one of the two 18" blocks in the quilt next week, so that should be fun. More paper piecing for the win! Have a great week :)

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful
    I adore the fabrics too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fuchsia center is just amazing--color and accuracy, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to doing more blocks, but my sewing room is temporarily emptied and shut down for floor refinishing. How did I accumulate so much stuff, or, to be honest, so much fabric, yarn, tools, patterns, and batting? It should all be back in place in time for November's patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat