Monday, October 19, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Eleven

Just sixteen more blocks to go after this! So exciting!!!! I love adding more blocks each week to the design wall for this project, it feels like such an accomplishment every time I get through one and put it up on the wall. This week, I made two more paper-pieced blocks, Sunburst and Good Morning Starshine.



Sunburst
I adore the colors in this block. These darker blues mixed with the yellow and teal just make my heart happy. I think this block would also be super striking in warm colors, it'd be like a sunset almost.



Good Morning Starshine
The first of two 18" blocks in the quilt, this block is a boatload of triangles. Triangles, triangles, and more triangles! In spite of all of the pieces in this block, it's quite monotonous, with the same angles repeated over and over again, so it's really not as hard as it looks. The number of pieces is really the only time-consuming part about the block, but it comes together fairly quickly when you employ some handy-dandy chain-piecing.

Maybe next week I can manage to get a decent picture of all of the blocks together, because it's really starting to look like a quilt up there, which is super exciting. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. The colors in that first block are gorgeous. Yes, that is a lot of triangles, but such a nice block when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and , wow, all your points are perfect! Someday when I grow up, I want to be able to do that ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see all these blocks together. What a fun way to prepare for the new little blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I get the pattern for Good Morning Starshine? It reminds me of a quilt my grandmother made with the little triangles. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice, these two patterns, as well as all of the other 39 Blocks Before Baby blocks, are included in the Epic Sampler Block of the Month series, which you can purchase in my Pattern Shop right here: http://dontcallmebetsy.bigcartel.com/product/epic-sampler-bom-club

      You can find out more about the Block of the Month series right here: http://www.dontcallmebetsy.com/p/epic-sampler-bom.html

      Delete
  5. I love these two blocks! Look forward to seeing the finish when it comes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat