Monday, September 28, 2015

39 Blocks Before Baby: Week Eight

Another week, another couple of blocks added to my design wall for my Epic Sampler project. I cannot tell you how fun it is to be marking the weeks of my pregnancy with these blocks - it makes the time pass by so much faster. At this point, I feel pretty ready for the baby, at least in terms of stuff. We've got the baby's room mostly ready, we've got clothes and diapers and other necessities...but we're just about three months away from her arrival, so having a little regular sewing to do every week really helps my mind from just going crazy. It gives my mind something to do, which I so desperately need in my down time.

And we've got just a few days to go before the Epic Sampler BOM kicks off, hooray! Just a few more days to subscribe at the discounted pre-sale rate!

This week, I made two 6" blocks, the Patchwork Wheel, which you may recognize from a 12" block tutorial that's been on my site for quite a while, and Baby Paw, which is a super simple yet adorable block. Two non-paper piecing blocks in one week! It was nice to give my printer a rest and stick with some super simple piecing, but next week, I'll definitely be craving some paper piecing.

Patchwork Wheel



Baby Paw


So, that brings the official tally of blocks for this quilt up to 17, which means that next week, I could quite possibly hit the halfway point, hooray!!! In the meantime, though, this week happens to be the last few days that you can purchase a subscription to the Epic Sampler Block of the Month Club at the discounted pre-sale price, so if you haven't joined in yet, hop to it! The club kicks off on October 1st, and the pre-sale ends at that time, so act fast! You can find out all the details for the club right here. Have a super week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. More cute blocks.
    I hope you are feeling great and enjoying the miracle of life.
    It is so nice that you are sharing these pretty blocks with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the BOM reminder! I just signed up and am so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Paw is enchanting! I made a "gingham dog and calico cat" quilt. A Baby Paw border would have been perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have assembled all my fabric for the BOM and am really looking forward to getting started.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat