Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Guest posting at Sew Mama Sew today!

I'm super excited to tell you that I'm going to sharing over the next few months at Sew Mama Sew - it was one of the first blogs I ever guest posted on several years ago, and I love how much information they've cultivated there over the years! I'm posting the first in a series of posts about free-motion quilting over there today, Top 10 Tips for Beginning Free-Motion Quilters. If free-motion quilting has gotten the best of you in the past or if it's been something you've been hesitant to try, check out my tips for getting started on the right foot, and remember that your attitude will make or break your early experiences with free-motion quilting.


When I first started free-motion quilting, I didn't know I was supposed to be scared of it, so I just went for it and did it. It wasn't perfect, and I knew it, but I didn't let that get to me. I focused on having fun with it, and over time, with lots of practice, my stitches got better and better. And yours can too!



You can check out my top tips right here, and if you want more free-motion tips, tricks, and examples, check out my Craftsy class and save $15 on your class registration right here - Start Free-Motion Quilting! If you're more of a fan of walking foot quilting, you can also check out Jacquie Gering's new Craftsy class, Creative Quilting with Your Walking Foot, which is just fantastic. Have a super day!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'll definitely be following your series and encourage my readers to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recommendation! I am hesitant about FMQ, and do love the look of straight line quilting but would like more "punch" to it. I spend all that time piecing and then what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this might sound like a really stupid question, but I can machine quilt on a simple sewing machine right? (It's "just" a Singer from that awful big box store we all hate to shop.) I have only ever seen video tutorials using the bigger, more expensive machines. I have two twin size quilts that I NEED to quilt and I keep procrastinating the quilting b/c I'm just not sure... *Yes, I will practice first, if you say it's okay to go ahead! ;) Thanks for your advice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat