Monday, May 5, 2014

Weekend sewing...and a winner

How is it that Monday creeps up so quickly these days? And how is it possible that there's less than  month left of my munchkin's kindergarten school year? The days are flying by around here, and that's certainly in part to a good bit of secret sewing going on in my neck of the woods, and I'm sure the other part contributing to the fast pace of time is just life. It's amazing to me that it's already May, it feels like it was January just five minutes ago!

In any case, this past weekend was a good one, filled with some quality time with the kiddo and a fair bit of sewing as well, in spite of the horse fly that invaded my sewing room Friday night. Thankfully I was able to shoo the fly (no quilty pun intended!) and get some nice sewing done in peace. This little house block is heading off to Quiltmaker headquarters for a fun project they're putting together, and you can find the pattern in Volume 8 of their 100 Blocks series, block #783 designed by Lori Holt.

Home Sweet Home block for Quiltmaker

I even managed to do a little bit of selfish sewing this weekend, which was so nice. I started on this quilt back at The Stash Bash - I had decided before I left that the time had come for me to make a KJR (Katie Jump Rope) quilt. Making the first cut was a teeny bit painful, but it felt good to finally start using something I had loved and hoarded for so long. I decided that a simple block would be best, so I could have large chunks of the prints I love so much, and so that's how I wound up with this work in progress. I think I've made somewhere around 50-something blocks now, so I think I'll wrap it up and sew them together this week. For now, it's fun to play around with the layout.

Katie Jump Rope quilt in progress

And I owe you all a winner - the winner of Volume 9 of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks issue is Michele! Congratulations, Michele, I'll be emailing you shortly to get your mailing info. Have a wonderful day today everyone :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house block. How cute. The fabric you picked makes it look like a brick house. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house block is adorable! Can you tell me what the name of the fabric is that you used for the view inside the windows?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat