Friday, November 9, 2012

Pillow Talk Swap Round 9 - off to the post office!

I am so excited to head out to the post office this morning, though I'm dreading the line :) I feel really confident that I've made something my partner will love for the Pillow Talk Swap and I'm super excited to ship it off. I know that at the very least that I love it!

Pillow Talk Swap - finished pillow

My Paintbox pillow is made up of nine 6" blocks, framed by one of my favorite Sweetwater prints, from Reunion, Town News in Cream (which is super hard to find, but I spotted it at an Etsy shop today!). Each block represents a color, ranging from pink to black, with five different print scraps and a solid used in each color. If you love these blocks, Elizabeth Hartman hosted a quilt-along right around when I started sewing and has lots of options for making your own painbox quilt.

Pillow Talk Swap - quilting close up

Each block is quilted in matching 50 wt Aurifil thread, using a safety-pin-inspired free-motion design in the solid parts of each block, and a concentric square in the printed part of each block. The quilting is super dense, which is just the way I like a pillow. I hope my partner likes it too! The outer border is quilted using a skinny figure eight design, in cream 50 wt Aurifil thread.

My favorite of all of them by far is the purple one...could be because the solid I used is an Oakshott cotton. It's so sparkly, I just love it.

Pillow Talk Swap - ready to send - detail

So, here's hoping that my package will make my partner's day. Fingers crossed! I hope you have a wonderful day! Happy Monday!

27 comments:

  1. Love this pillow! Such wnderful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The colors, the quilting - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an incredibly lovely piece, very very beautiful! I love how vibrant the colours are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Funny, my paintbox squares are sitting in a box somewhere. I must dig them out, I wonder if I will still like the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping beyond hope this ends up on my doorstep next week!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous! Who wouldn't be jumping in joy to discover such a gift on their doorstep. You have set a HIGH standard for swaps. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love everything you make. Gorgeous. And that quilting is stunning. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Elizabeth!! The quilting is incredible!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky partner! Your quilting is over the top awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll try that again! That's gorgeous Elizabeth. I so need to get involved with some of these swaps - I'm so envious of all these lovely items being sent out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who wouldn't love that?? It's so bright and happy. I love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course it will! So beautiful, the quilting is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh this is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pillow -- LOVE that quilting! Nice work as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure it will make her day! It is lovely!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a beautiful pillow, love the fabrics you used and the quilting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pillow is gorgeous and so is your new quilt design from the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this cushion, I'm all about rainbows! Also loving the new quilt design too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty. I'm not very good at scrappy projects. They always end up looking like a jumbled mess to me. I think I could handle the paintbox design, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful pillow my favorite is the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like*Like*Like!!! very cute pillow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Elizabeth, A few months back, I copied your tutorial for Radiant Ring block and did not see that there was a template also. Now I can not find the template. Can you help me?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat