Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Introducing: Sea of Stars, my newest pattern

I am so excited to share with you about my newest quilt pattern, Sea of Stars. Sea of Stars is now available in my pattern shop as well as my Craftsy shop!

Sea of Stars Pattern available today!

This quilt comes with five size options for your convenience: baby, lap, twin, queen, and king. This quilt pattern was inspired by a tile layout I saw once in a restaurant, and I love the way it looks in fabric.

Sea of Stars - detail 3

For the pattern sample, I made a lap sized quilt, using some gorgeous Liberty of London Bloomsbury Gardens prints as the centers for all of my stars. I used some beautiful Michael Miller Cotton Couture solids to pair with the Liberty prints, and I just adore working with the Cotton Couture fabrics!

Sea of Stars - front 2

The quilty photoshoot for this pattern was a bit of a mess - it was the windiest day I've seen in a long time, and I nearly lost the quilt to a retention pond, but thankfully I grabbed a corner of it before it flew away!

Sea of Stars - nearly lost it!

Quilt Details
name: Sea of Stars
size: 60" x 72"
pattern: Sea of Stars by yours truly, available here
fabrics: Michael Miller Cotton Couture in Soft White, Fog, Grey, Malibu and Aqua, paired with several Liberty of London Bloomsbury Gardens prints
quilting: wiggle free-motion stitch in grey 50 wt Aurifil and a stipple free-motion stitch in white 50 wt Aurifil thread
binding: Michael Miller Cotton Couture in Fog

Sea of Stars - detail 2

I hope you enjoy this pattern, and if you buy one, you'll be pleased to hear that I'll be hosting a quilt-along here on my blog to encourage you to make your very own Sea of Stars quilt! The quilt-along will kick off on November 19th, where I'll share some tips for planning out your fabrics for your quilt, and I'll continue to share tips and tricks on making the pattern for a few weeks, in a leisurely way. Feel free to join in whenever and please don't feel pressured to "keep up" - it's not a race, I'll just be posting regularly to keep myself on track :)

If you have a moment today, pop on over to Amy's Creative Side, where voting has opened up for Bloggers Quilt Festival. My mariner's compass mini is nominated for Best Mini/Doll Quilt, and I'm so honored, I'm in such great company! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

23 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely quilt!
    Also, I voted for your mini :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so gorgeous! I can see a lot of possibilities with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just stunning! Absolutely love it.
    And a quilt along is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love your work. I am just finishing up a baby quilt using your sliced coins quilt a long. I have to say, it's sooo cute! I'l post a pic when it's done! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Love the pattern, and your use of neutrals and darks together; looks really rich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Congrats from me too on your new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you managed to save the quilt... I always have - and always will - have a soft spot for stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Elizabeth, this is simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. Congratulations on your new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oohhh! That's a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this quilt ~ just was thinking it would be a great one for some of the Liberty fabric I've been hoarding!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! Must.make.this.quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell me the difference in the Cotton Couture and the soft Bella's???

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous quilt! I love your fabric/colour choices

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat