Monday, November 12, 2012

4x5 Blocks Fall Quarter

If only the post office were open today! It's a mail holiday today, but I am all ready to bring some bee blocks to the post office this morning. Oh well, it can wait until tomorrow. At least I can share with you guys!

For the 4x5 bee this quarter, I had a hard time coming up with a block I wanted to make, until I drafted a paper pieced star with a simple ring around it. I made my sample block in my colors, and it worked out perfectly, so I got to work, pulling the right scraps for the right people. Here's a rundown on how the blocks turned out...

4x5 block for me
block for: me
fabrics: Cosmo Cricket tape measure, Quilt Blocks, Simply Color Ikat Diamonds in Blue, Modern Meadow, Sophie, Dear Stella Basketweave, Katie Jump Rope, Summersault Pinwheel in Grass, Flea Market Fancy Eyelet in Green, Simply Color Ikat Diamonds in Green, Remix Argyle in Green

IMG_1486rt
block for: Jenniffier
fabrics: Free Spirit Designer Essentials Houndstooth in Orange, Denyse Schmidt Aunt Edna, Khristian Howell's The Woodlands, Simply Color Ikat Diamonds in Orange, Oval Elements in Key Lime, Modern Whimsy, Ty Pennington, Prince Charming, Erin McMorris Weekends Hopscotch in Lime, Tufted Tweets, Sophie, Echino, Oval Elements in Cranberry, Terrain

IMG_1502rt
block for: sewswithcharlie
fabrics: Echo Pebble Stripe, Hullabaloo Stripe Flowers, Hullabaloo Tonal Flowers, Vintage Modern Sky Swirls, Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas, Juicy Blossoms, Simply Color Ikat Diamonds in Aqua

IMG_1497rt
block for: mochawildchild
fabrics: Metro Living Circles in Pewter, Simply Color Leafy Stripe in Eggplant, Simply Color Ikat Diamonds in Eggplant, Simply Color Sprigs in Eggplant, Simply Color Dotted Zig Zags in Eggplant, Michael Miller Ta Dot, Cosmo Cricket, Parson Gray, Treasures and Tidbits

IMG_1495rt
block for: swedishfishie
fabrics: Free Spirit Designer Houndstooth in Violet, Shades of Grey Rag Tag, Heirloom Marquis Amethsyt, 1001 Peeps, Tufted Tweets, Aviary 2 Lodge Lattice in Purple

IMG_1492rt
block for: creativesun
fabrics: Summersville Crosshatch, Tufted Tweets, Vintage Modern polka dot in red, Little Apples Argyle in Red, Modern Meadow Herringbone in Pond, Simply Color Ikat Diamonds in Aqua, Lilly Belle Moire in Aquamarine, 12 Days of Christmas in Aqua, Oval Elements in Papaya, Central Park Flowers, Amy Butler Lotus Full Moon Dot, Sandi Henderson Henna Garden in Pumpkin, Carolyn Gavin Wild Thyme, Juicy Blossoms, Simply Color Dotted Zig Zag in Orange, Simply Color Sprigs in Orange

These are definitely going to the post office tomorrow! The last day to mail for this quarter is in just under two weeks, on November 24th, so I'm happy to get them out a bit early. Next on my To Do list is a bee block for Lee, which happens to be my last bee block for the year! I cannot believe how quickly the end of the year is creeping up on us. It's Thanksgiving next week! I don't even want to know how many days there are until Christmas because I know the number will shock me. I better get to shopping soon! Have a wonderful Monday :)

26 comments:

  1. A very interesting block - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so vibrant, lovely pattern, is there any way to get hold of the pattern or do I have draw it up from scratch?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those blocks. I love the pattern and all its color possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! So pretty! The top and the bottom ones are my faves. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are gorgeous!

    Can you explain to me how this bee works? I'm still a newbie when it comes to bees and I'm trying to get a handle on them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool block, and I love how you've planned out the back colors from quarter to quarter. AWESOME tape measure fabric use!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your blocks! such happiness in fabric form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out great! I need to get to work on Lee's block too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful blocks. How much different colour can make in a block still amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fabulous! Any chance you'll share the block pattern with us?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so lovely!! My feeble brain can't imagine how you put these blocks together but they really are fabulous. They look very nautical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool, love the design of these and the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those all look great but I think you got me perfectly. Those colors are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blocks came out gorgeous! Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so talented, Elizabeth! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this block and all your versions of color! Any chance you would share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are all so pretty. you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love mine! Sad the mail wasn't running yesterday, but I guess I can wait another day. Your design is awesome, and I appreciate you posting the fabrics you used. It's perfect! Thanks - SewswithCharlie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these! wish you were in my group so I could get one. :) Actually, i'm in the paper piece group - you should have been with us. hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Those are beautiful. I love the pattern, and all the amazing blocks that you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat