Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Psst...I'm teaching!

So, the cat's officially out of the bag...


I'm teaching at Sewing Summit!!!  Yippee!  I'll be team teaching an advanced piecing class focusing on paper and foundation piecing with the wonderfully talented Lee from Freshly Pieced.  I'm so looking forward to making paper piecing and foundation piecing less scary, because it really can be fun and create gorgeous precise blocks!

It's funny, this teaching gig makes me think of my old working days, as I spent a lot of time teaching physicians and researchers how to use PowerPoint and other audiovisual tools for presentations and lectures, so it's kind of wild to think of myself teaching about something I'm so passionate about.  I am so looking forward to getting to meet all of you who are attending Sewing Summit this year and to have another fun weekend with my wonderful gal pals.  I know the tickets for Sewing Summit are currently sold out, but you can learn more about the wait list at the Sewing Summit site, if you're interested. I so hope to see some of you there!

18 comments:

  1. How exciting - I'm going to practice my technique between now and then so I can feel qualified for "advanced" status. Sure hope to get in to your class with Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be so fun to have you as our teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on the sewing summit site. I am so excited for you two!!! You know I will be in your class :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are going to have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, humph! Now I'm really bummed I didn't get a ticket. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Elizabeth! You and Lee will make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is just great Elizabeth! So sad I won't be there to take what is sure to be, your awesome class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I'm sure your class will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic! Good luck!

    I so wish I could go but it just isn't in the budget... Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No frigging way?!! We get to meet for reals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun, congrats!! Wish I could be there to take your class :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! You two will be awesome!! This is a class I DEFINITELY want to take!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo! You two will be awesome!! This is a class I DEFINITELY want to take!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome! I sure wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woot! Woot! Congrats...I'll be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been away from my reader for a bit and look what I miss!!! Awesome! Wish I could go... You and Lee will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations; how exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat