Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy, happy stacks of fabric

It was a good weekend in my neck of the woods, in spite of the off-and-on rainy weather.  We got started on some spring cleaning, I conquered the laundry, and I finished reading a good book from the library. And I even managed to do some fabric shopping :)  On Saturday, I trekked over to the local quilt shop and couldn't resist picking up a couple of strong stash builders, including two fat quarters of Annie's Seed Catalogue print from Holly Holderman's Annie's Farm Stand collection for Lakehouse Dry Goods.  I also really dig those two herringbone prints, they would make awesome binding!

This weekend's loot
L-R top row: Caroline Gavin Spring Street Sketchbook Flowers in Green, Stella Dot in in Navy Blue, Caroline Gavin Spring Street Leaves in Gold, and Northcott Groovin 

L-R bottom row: MM Ta Dot, Maude Asbury Calypso Kite Tails Orange, The Quilted Fish's Apple of My Eye in Green, The Quilted Fish's Apple of My Eye Herringbone in Red, and two fat quarters of Annie's Farm Stand seed catalogue print in black

I've gotten some really fun fabric mail over the last week, including a special package from the fabulously productive and talented Thomas Knauer, who's third line for Andover Fabrics, Savanna Bop, will be shipping later this spring.  These prints are bright, fun, and perfect for a sweet quilt.  I pulled a couple of other fabrics from my stash to go with and I'm brainstorming on what I want to make with them.  I suspect there might just be some paper piecing in store for these fun fabrics.

Thank you Thomas!

I was also lucky enough to receive an advance charm pack of Lotta Jansotter's next line of fabric for Windham Fabrics, Bella, which is just as gorgeous, if not more so than her first collection, Echo!  I instantly knew what I wanted to do with these beauties, so I went straight to my sketch book and went to town.  Next thing I knew, I was pulling together some stash prints to pair with this fabulous charm pack for my next quilt pattern.  Speaking of which, are you interested in testing my new pattern?  Let me know in the comments or shoot me an email!  

Lotta's Bella!


Wonderful Bella goodness

What did you do this weekend?  Happy Monday!

36 comments:

  1. Oooh! It would be really cool to test one of your patterns! The new Jansdotter fabric looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously drooling over Bella! I just Finally ordered some Echo, and I think it's because I love Bella so much. Ha!

    You know I'd be happy to test if you need help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that fabric looks sooooo yummy! I would love to be a pattern tester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to be a pattern tester! I've been one recently and it was lots of fun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, beautiful fabrics!
    I'd be happy to pattern test for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to test your pattern. I am an intermediate level quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. would love to test one of your patterns! Lovely stacks of fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun fabrics!! I'd be happy to test!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me!!! I would LOVE to test out your pattern!! :) BEautiful fabrics!! I love lovely new stacks like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lucky duck! those packages are fabulous - i'd love to help test a pattern if you still need people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lotta is so pretty - I want to see it ALL... can't wait to get my hands on some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Talk about happy mail! I've had a lot of that lately too. I can't wait to cut into it all! Pattern testing is vey rewarding--something about making that item for the first time for others to see the results. I use to do it quite often for my LQS. I also made the samples for their upcoming classes. A new owner has taken over so I don't get to do it anymore. :( Let me know if you need help!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to pattern test. I consider myself a beginning/intermediate quilter, but I rarely use patterns, so I'm definitely a beginning pattern user if you want someone like that! I'd be very good at catching if any steps aren't completely clear/explained since it would confuse me! Well, and I used to be a proofread/editor so I tend to catch things like that anyway. :) christina112358 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would LOVE to test your new pattern! In fact, I just spent the weekend doing some pattern testing -- you can see the results at http://fabricmutt.blogspot.com/2012/04/retro-phone.html. Your fabric goodies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great fabrics!!

    I'd be happy to test your pattern for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to test your pattern! I could use it to make a Siblings Together quilts (assuming it won't be a super time-intensive pattern, just so I can get it done in time).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for productive weekends! I'm going to quietly drool over all those yummy fabrics for a little here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice fabrics! What book did you read? I am always looking for recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, fabulous mail indeed! Jealous just a little bit of that Bella charm pack!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow those fabrics look great!...looking for some new patterns actually =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty fabrics. I sorted my fabrics this weekend and cleaned up the sewing space. Now I can mess it up again while sewing/creating ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those fabrics the Savannah Bop looks like a fun one and YES! I would LOVE to test a pattern for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to test you pattern for you - I have enjoyed your own designs as you have shared them on the blog. Love the fabrics - Thomas Knauer is one of my new faves!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such yummy fabric haul, Elizabeth! I must get my hands on Lotta's new prints for sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would really enjoy being a pattern tester for one of your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to be a tester! Ok, drooling over all that fabric -Bella is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to test your pattern!
    Amy
    abcsemartin(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd love to test your pattern. I'm a professional mathematician by day and quilter by night!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love to be a pattern tester. You are so lucky to get your hands on Lotta's new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love to test your pattern too.
    I really like the look of the Lotta J fabric I still have managed to get any Echo yet but it's at the top of my wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would LOVE the opportunity to test your new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You might have too many pattern testers already, but I'd like to put my name in the mix. I've been quite enthralled with all the variety of new, modern fabrics and patterns - it's like opening a new window on the world.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The fabrics are pretty! I am enjoying following your blog! I would be thrilled to test your pattern! I can send photos of work I have done, if you are interested.

    Happy sewing!
    Sharon
    dexterdays-sdk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks like you have plenty of testers already but on the off chance you still need some more, I would love too !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat