Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WiP Wednesday

Don't forget to link up over at Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday to see what everyone is working on this week!

So, here's what's currently in the works...

Pillow Talk Swap - I'm actually making some progress here.  After doing some sketching at the park, I played around with some fabric stacks over the weekend and am finally playing around with some HSTs at the moment.




Ho Ho Holiday Swap - Finally doing some sewing on this one!  I decided it was time to stop sketching and just jump right in.  I'm hoping to get this wrapped up and in the mail before Thanksgiving for my partner.  Must work on the scale of this...I think I'm in the mug rug groove, this would be a good size for a mug rug...not so much an ornament!



French Provence Quilt (formerly known as the Grandmother-in-law quilt) - Slowly quilting this one, taking my time.  I'm really enjoying working on this one, so I'm going slowly and trying to savor every little bit.




Baltimore Windows table runner (formerly known as the Clermont Farms table runner) - Quite possibly the easiest project on my list, and yet it's still here, mostly because I keep putting it off in favor of other projects.  I did manage to start sewing the squares (or windows) together, though, and I must say, they're looking awfully patriotric...





That Girl...That Quilt Along - Just finished wonk-ing my blocks today, and I'm hoping to find some time to sew my rows soon.  I love how this is coming together!





Thanksgiving apron - I'm hosting Thanksgiving for my family this year and having quite a full house.  And because it's not Thanksgiving if I'm not stressed out, I thought maybe a nice, pretty new apron might help me chill out a little (than and maybe a nice glass of wine!).  I adore the fabrics I've chosen here, and can't wait to finish this one off.  I've cut out the pattern pieces, and am starting to cut the fabric now.




Mystery birthday present - Can't say too much here, because my friend reads this blog, and I don't want her to find out what I'm making just yet, but I will say I'm about 40% done.  Her birthday is shortly after Thanksgiving, so I'll reveal what I made then.

Checkbook wallet for my mother - I just started to cut out the pattern pieces for this one, but I'm hoping to whip this one out so I can wrap it and hide all evidence of it before my mother comes up for Thanksgiving next week!  I'm using a Keykalou pattern, and so far, it looks super easy to follow and well written.

Mug Rugs for my siblings - I wanted to come up with something handmade I could make for my brother and sister, and their respective spouses, and I thought some scrapbusting mug rugs would be perfect.  These are almost done, stay tuned!






Super Why cape - My son's latest television related obsession is Super Why.  He spent a good year or so in love with Yo Gabba Gabba and has moved onto adoring pretty much everything on PBS, but especially Super Why.  Naturally, the main character, Super Why, is his favorite, and I know he'd love to run around the house in a cape just like Super Why's!  Thanks to AnneMarie for helping me match up the colors just right with her handy Kona color card.  Just getting started on this one this week.


Urban Lattice quilt along - I'm thinking about joining this one right now.  I favorited a picture of Cara's original quilt a while back when she finished hers, and now that she's starting a quilt along, I'm strongly considering jumping in, especially as Jennifer's quilt-along is on the downward swing.  I could use one more gift quilt for the holidays...





So, to recap...
Total Projects Last Week: 9
Finished Projects: 4
New Projects: 6
Total Current Projects: 11 (yikes, that looks scary!)

13 comments:

  1. You have been busy...but look at that, you finished 4! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Keyka Lou patterns, did you know they're all on sale for $5 through Thanksgiving? I think the checkbook is one of the few patterns of her's that I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the HSTs for your pillow. Great fabric choices!

    Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are some great finishes - way to go! I can't pick a favourite WIP of yours so I'll just say I'm happily watching your blog to see how they all progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric you are using in the pillow talk swap. I am a sucker for anything with HST - I just hate making them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's quite a list! LOVING the pillow. I should have joined that swap, I don't know why I didn't. You should definitely do Cara's quilt-along, I love the quilt and I think the paper-piecing will be fun.

    LOL - my swap ornament trials have been way too big too! Gotta think small on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to post my table runner I'm working on(slowly). The fabrics look so similar to yours and I was planning to use it for a patriotic table runner. lol

    Love the pillow talk block, pretty fabrics:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pillow!
    And Clermont Farms is my current favorite line, Well, that and Free Spirit's McKenzie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there! Love the fabrics for the pillow talk swap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been super busy this week! I am so impressed. As stated above I can't pick a favortie of yours, so I will just eagerly look forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pillow, and I'm going to have to get in on these mug rugs and try to make one! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my gosh you are so talented! The mug rugs are so cute! Looks like you did the machine binding just like Jennifer - I must try that myself. I'm also considering the quilt along with Cara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of projects! I really like the Christmas tree! I'm making capes for my 2 boys and my nephews for Christmas! Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat