Friday, November 5, 2010

Rainy day = productive cutting day!

It was so dreary at my house yesterday.  We've got a cold front coming through and this morning it actually feels almost like a season other than summer for the first time since March!  You have no idea how exciting it is around here to get to wear jeans for warmth purposes.



Rainy days make me want to do one of two things...read a good book or sew.  I did a good bit of both yesterday, poring over some serious inspiration...




And I spent my evening getting a few more projects underway...


This is going to be a gift quilt for my grandmother-in-law, who has macular degeneration and enjoys curling up with audiobooks and her cat.  I thought she's like a nice quilt to snuggle with.

These wonky 9-patches want to grow up to become
adorable little mug rugs!

A simple, pleated tote for my mother using Laura Gunn's Poppy collection

A couple of practice mug rugs are underway and almost done :)

Finished up my last bit of cutting for the That Quilt Along, ready for some sewing instructions tomorrow!


Hopefully today and the weekend will bring me some follow-through.  Cross your fingers for me and happy sewing :)

5 comments:

  1. How is it that everyone sews so much in a single day!?!?! I look at these lovely things and feel so sad, because I want to make lovelies too! =)

    I'm really interested in trying some of those mug rugs...but knowing me, it will not be happening any time soon. I guess I'll just stick with my weekly Quilt Along sewing.

    I did get a novel from the library though...it's the 3rd in a series I was reading...so I might curl up a little while today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a lot of rain too, but i was not nearly as productive as you. you got a lot done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, Thank you for your comment on my blog yesterday. What a thrill it was to fire up my computer this morning and see that I had comments from people that I do not actually know. Glad you enjoyed the QSA! I agree with AMK, you are very prolific in your crafty goodness! Your Bliss Quilt Along is going to look so good -I just chose red because I have no clue how to choose colors for quilts, but I am learning. I also have the Simplify and the Practical Guide to Patchwork books, is the project that you pictured in your post from one of their books?

    ReplyDelete
  4. rainy days really are great for sewing! they used to be spent on the couch watching chick flicks, but now that i've discovered my love for quilting i don't need more than a sewing machine and a new project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, funny you should ask - I'm making up that pattern for my grandmother-in-law's quilt as I go. If it comes out nicely, I will definitely share it, I'm taking copious notes as I do my math and such. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat