Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WiP Wednesday #3

Holy moly, is Thanksgiving tomorrow?  Must get to the kitchen, stat.  Pies to bake, cakes to make, rolls to knead, yikes!  Time for a quickie project update if nothing but for my own sanity, since December is going to be here next week!  Just 30 days left until Christmas!

Done and posted (or posting soon!) -
Mug rugs for my siblings
Pillow Talk {Swap}
Ho Ho Holiday Swap
Baltimore Windows table runner
Mystery birthday present
Thanksgiving apron


Still in progress -
That Girl Quilt Along - Working on creating the back, totally done with the top, phew!


Urban Lattice Quilt Along - Starting to cut my fabrics, still trying to get my hands on enough of my main solid. Thank you, Jo-Ann's, for the awesome 50% off coupon for Black Friday, I fully intend to stock up on some Kona solids (crossing my fingers that they have enough Coal for me!).

French Provence quilt - Quilting is complete!  I've squared this quilt up and made the binding, now all I have to do is find the motivation to actually do the binding.  {Fun.}


Checkbook wallet - Fabric is all cut, need to decide on an interfacing and go with it!

Super Why cape - Fabric is all cut, applique is made, just need to sew this bad boy together and make a bias binding strip to use as the collar so when the munchkin insists that Mommy or Daddy wear the cape, it will actually fit us rather than choke us.



Kermit the Frog shirt - Still trying to find the right greens for this one.  The munchkin adores all things Muppet, especially Kermit, so I'm going to applique a shirt for him.  I've got the applique template ready to rock and roll, just need the right green fabrics for Kermit's head and collar...

And just because I see my project list dwindling, I had an idea last night...I was thinking about maybe hosting a quilt bee next year.  I'm already involved in two, and was thinking it might be fun to host one of my own, so tell me what you think.  Am I crazy?  I just might be!

This Week's Summary:
Last week's total - 11
Finished projects - 7
New projects - 2
Total current projects - 6

Curious about what everyone else is up to?  Check out Lee's linky over at Freshly Pieced to see other project lists :)

7 comments:

  1. My WIP is laundry and making pies for thanksgiving. =) No sewing for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think binding is my favourite part of a quilt - because it means it's almost finished!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the turquiose solid on your quilt along top. Can't wait to see what beautiful turquiose/red (?) you put on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I really like your That Girl Quilt Along quilt.

    I agree with Felicity, binding is my favorite part as well! :)

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you really got a lot accomplished this week! Hope you find the time to do the binding. That quilt is gorgeous and I know you will want to use it as soon as possible! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been working hard! I really like the quilt top for your that girl quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're kicking butt, girly! Good job! The quilt along quilt looks amazing, and I love the super why cape (we went through a major super why phase here not too long ago!)

    What's your plan for the bee? I wasn't thinking about adding any more bees, but if you're hosting, I'm in for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me! I appreciate each and every one of them and try to respond when time allows. Your comments totally brighten my day :)


Welcome! I'm Elizabeth, mom to a mood teen boy and a chatty six-year-old girl and I sew for my sanity. Let's get to quilting, shall we?
The Epic Sampler BOM Club kicks off Oct 1st
Copyright 2010 by Elizabeth Dackson. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Archive

Tutorials

 photo Icicle-Star_zps7f032133.gif  photo Boxed-In2_zps800ae9da.gif EasyPeasyFauxZigZag StringHeartBlock StarCrossed CrossMAze CathedralStar RainbowRing DoubleFlip PatchworkWheel FriendshipOctogon FlyingGeese HST Weathervane MarinersStar StackedScrappyBlock ScrappyAngles HolidayPresentBlock DivideandConquer CharlestonFarmhouse ModernHalves ModCircuitry ModNine Kaleido SlicedCoins Kaleido BellaCrossing SweetGirlie MiniBookshelf ClamshellLoop DoubleHourglass BaptistFan TetrisMug StringDiamond ScraptasticTote OffsetDiamonds MunchkinSoftBook PatchworkBathMat